Blueberry Zucchini Bread with a Lemon Glaze will be one of the best quick breads you EVER make! Perfectly moist with two cups of zucchini hidden inside and bursting with fresh blueberries. The lemon glaze it the perfect finishing touch!
This summer is just flying by! It is almost August and before we know it school will be back in session and we will be up to our eyeballs in homework. We have been spending almost every day at the pool and are trying to enjoy this last month before it begins.
Even though I love eating zucchini year round I love that it is in season right now. And if you loads of zucchini growing in your garden then promise me you will make this bread….
And if you don’t then go and buy some just so you can make this delicious bread! 🙂
The bread bakes perfectly. I have had a few quick bread recipe fails in my day so I always tent with foil the last 10 minutes of baking. Sometimes quick bread can start browning faster on the top and this is a great way to help it bake evenly. This bread came out perfectly moist.
The flavor combination is incredible. Not only does it hide two cups of zucchini in it, it is bursting with fresh blueberries. Then it gets a lemon glaze on the top. It was such an amazing bread I just couldn’t get enough of it!
This recipe makes quite a bit. I was able to get one large loaf and three small ones. But it is perfect for taking to your neighbors or friends for a treat. You will quickly become popular with this recipe. 🙂
Blueberry Zucchini Bread with a Lemon Glaze
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 1 Tablespoon vanilla extract
- 2 1/4 cups white sugar
- 2 cups shredded zucchini
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 pint fresh blueberries
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1 Tablespoon Lemon Juice
- 1 Tablespoon Heavy Whipping Cream
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Lightly grease 2 large loaf pans or 4 mini loaf pans. (I did 1 large loaf and 3 small.)
- In a large bowl, beat together eggs, oil, vanilla, and sugar. Fold in the zucchini. Beat in the flour, salt, baking powder, and baking soda. Gently fold in blueberries. Pour into the prepared loaf pans.
- Bake for 50 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. Cool for 20 minutes and transfer to wire racks to cool completely.
- TO make the lemon glaze: Whisk together powdered sugar, lemon juice, and heavy cream. Drizzle on top of cooled bread.