An amazingly moist muffin bread filled with blueberry pie filling. Topped with a crumb topping and drizzled in a lemon glaze this bread is incredible!
We are starting to get little glimpses of spring here in Utah. It has been glorious to come out of hibernation and to start enjoying some time outside in the sun. We spent the day today at the park and I cannot wait for spring to officially arrive!
When thinking of another delicious recipe to create with Lucky Leaf fruit filling I instantly knew that I wanted to try making a quick bread recipe.
This bread came together so quickly and is ready to go into the oven in no time at all. The Blueberry fruit filling was the perfect additive to this bread and looked so yummy swirled inside!
As soon as the bread came out it looked perfect! It baked evenly and looked delicious especially with the crumbly topping on the top. It reminded me of a muffin baked into a delicious bread!
Oh my goodness. Can we just talk right now about how amazing my first bite was!? I was seriously blown away. This bread is seriously the best of both worlds with a muffin and a quick bread. The texture was P-E-R-F-E-C-T-L-Y moist inside and the blueberry filling reminded me of a delicious blueberry pie. A muffin, a blueberry pie, and a quick bread had a baby and the result seriously blew my mind!!
Ok but let’s not forget about the grand finale on this bread….
THE LEMON GLAZE! (I may or may not have just yelled that inside of my head because that was one of my favorite parts about this bread!)
The lemon glaze was the perfect finishing touch to this amazing bread. It went so perfectly with the blueberry muffin flavor. And on top of the crumbly crumb topping… omg. I couldn’t stop eating it and before I knew it half of the loaf was gone. Oops!
You guys are going to love this bread. And it is perfect for an upcoming Easter brunch, or for Mother’s Day. The blueberry lemon combination reminds me of spring. This bread comes together so easily you are going to want to make it again and again!
- Blueberry Bread:
- 2⅓ cups all purpose flour
- 1 Tablespoon baking powder
- ½ tsp salt
- ¼ cup vegetable oil
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp vanilla
- ½ cup sugar
- 1 cup milk
- 1 21 oz can Lucky Leaf® Blueberry Fruit Filling and Topping
- Streusel Topping:
- ¼ cup cold butter, cubed
- ½ cup flour
- ½ cup light brown sugar
- Lemon Glaze:
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 2 Tablespoons Heavy Cream
- 1 Tablespoon Lemon Juice
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees. Lightly grease two 9x5 inch loaf pan. In a medium sized bowl add the flour, baking powder and salt and set aside. In another medium size bowl mix together the sugar and vegetable oil. Add the egg, milk, vanilla, and mix until smooth and creamy. Add to the dry ingredients and mix until incorporated.
- Add the blueberry fruit filling to the batter and gently fold in with a wooden spoon. Be careful not to over mix, the blueberry filling should be swirled throughout. Pour the batter into the prepared loaf pan.
- To make the streusel topping: Combine cubed cold butter, flour, and brown sugar and use a pastry blender or fork to form crumbs. Top the bread with the crumb topping.
- Bake for 50-60 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. (If the top starts to brown to fast, tent the bread with foil.) Remove bread from the oven and let cool for about 15 minutes. Remove the bread from the pan and let cool completely on a wire rack.
- To make the lemon glaze: Whisk together the powdered sugar, heavy cream, and lemon juice. Drizzle on top of bread.
More delicious desserts made with Lucky Leaf premium pie filling!
This post was sponsored by Lucky Leaf®. All opinions expressed are my own!