I absolutely love cherry pie! It is hands down my favorite pie around the holidays. These cherry pie cookies made with Lucky Leaf pie filling, are a must to bake for the holidays! … or better yet, they are great year round!
One of my favorite cookies to bake are thumbprint cookies. Because Lucky Leaf cherry pie filling is so fantastic, I wanted make these cute little thumbprint cookies with my favorite pie filling. I mean look at that delicious cherry pie filling! The cherries are absolute perfection.
The best part about these cookies is that are cute and little and just the right size. They are made with a delicious butter cookie and the cherry pie filling gives it a burst of flavor. And the cherry baked into the center reminded me of taking a bite of cherry pie. Of course the white chocolate glaze on top gives it the perfect finishing touch.
I loved how they turned out! The cherry pie filling gave these cookies a bright and beautiful presentation. They looked fantastic and would be the first cookies to get eaten in a cookie exchange. They are fun, easy to bake and the perfect cookie!
- ½ cup butter, softened
- ½ cup margarine, softened
- 2 cups flour
- ¾ cup powdered sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 21 ounce Lucky Leaf Cherry Pie Filling
- ½ cup white chocolate baking chips
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees. In a stand mixer or with a hand mixer beat together butter, and margarine until fluffy. Add flour powdered sugar, and vanilla just until combined and a soft dough is formed.
- Roll the dough into tablespoon sized balls and place on an ungreased cookie sheet. about 2 inches apart. Make an indentation in the center of each ball. Scoop 1-2 cherries into each center indentation in the cookie.
- Bake for 12 to 15 minutes. Allow cookies to cool. Melt the ½ cup white chocolate in the microwave stirring 30 seconds at a time in a microwave safe dish until smooth and be careful not to let it burn.
- Once chocolate is melted scoop into a ziplock blog. Snip the corner with scissors and drizzle the chocolate over each cookie.
This post was sponsored by Lucky Leaf®. All opinions expressed are my own!