Hi, it’s Jenn, from Eat Cake For Dinner. Today, I have a unique and seriously irresistible bread recipe for you.
This is such an incredible recipe. I found it in an old family cookbook. I had never heard of a zucchini bread like this, so I made it . . . and then I made it again . . . and again. . . and you get the picture. What makes it so unique is you add a package of pistachio instant pudding. You know how pudding does amazing things to cookies and cakes? Well, it does amazing things for bread too. This is definitely one of my go-to zucchini bread recipes this year. This might even be my hubby’s favorite zucchini bread recipe.
The flavor AND texture of this bread are both perfect. I even loved the ends of the bread. The outside of the bread is nice and chewy and the inside is dense and loaded with great flavor. It’s a good thing it makes two loaves, because we eat every last slice of this. It tastes great for several days and it’s perfect for packing in lunches or for snacking on all day long.
Pistachio Zucchini Bread
- 2 c. all purpose flour
- 1/4 tsp. baking powder
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1 3.4 oz. box instant pistachio pudding
- 3 large eggs
- 1 3/4 c. sugar
- 1 Tbl. vanilla extract
- 3/4 c. vegetable or canola oil
- 2 c. grated zucchini peeled or unpeeled
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease two 9x5-inch loaf pans with cooking spray and line with parchment paper; set aside. In a large bowl, stir together the flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt and dry pudding mix; set aside. In a separate medium bowl, whisk together the eggs and sugar until thick and lemon color. Stir in the vanilla and oil. Last, stir in the shredded zucchini. Then, add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and stir together until just combined. Batter will be a weird green color, but it won't look like that after baking.
- Divide batter between the two prepared loaf pans. Bake for 55 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. The center will most likely sink, but that's okay. Cool in pans for 10 minutes, then remove loaves from pans and cool completely. Slice each loaf into 10 slices and serve.
You might also like these other delicious recipes from Eat Cake For Dinner: