Lemon Almond Poppyseed Quick Bread is perfectly moisten and comes together quickly and easily. Glazed with a lemon glaze and topped with almonds, this bread will become an instant favorite!
I am such a sucker for quick breads. And because it is spring I love adding fresh lemon flavor to just about anything. I mean, I can eat lemon year round but it is especially popular in spring and summer so I take full advantage of it.
Poppyseed breads are one of my favorites and I especially love when you add that extra almond flavor. My son asked me if I was baking cherries because our house filled with such a delicious aroma. This bread was so easy to make that he helped me to mix all of the ingredients together. He loves spending time in the kitchen with me.
Ok but lets be honest about my favorite part of this bread. The AMAZING lemon glaze on top and crunchy sliced almonds. It was so good!
I could have EASILY eaten this entire loaf of bread to myself. It was so perfect and baked so moist and tender. It added such a delicious and refreshing lemon zing to the bread and you guys are going to love it. Make it this week and you won’t regret it. One for the neighbors and one for yourself. 😉
Lemon Almond Poppyseed Quick Bread
- 1 1/2 cup flour
- 1 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- 1 Tablespoon poppy seeds
- 3/4 cup milk
- 1/2 cup plus 1 Tablespoon vegetable oil
- 2 large eggs slightly beaten
- 1 tsp. pure vanilla extract
- 1 tsp. almond extract
- 2 tablespoons lemon zest freshly grated
Lemon Almond Glaze:
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 1 Tablespoon Heavy Cream
- 1 Tablespoon Lemon Juice
- 1/4 cup almonds sliced
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease two 7x3 inch loaf pans and set aside. (You can also use a 9x5 just increase baking time).
- In a large bowl combine flour, sugar, salt, baking powder, and poppyseeds. Stir until combined. In a separate medium sized bowl add the milk, vegetable oil, eggs, vanilla, almond extract, and lemon zest.
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and mix until incorporated. Pour into loaf pans and bake for 40-45 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean. Remove and let bread cool.
To make the lemon almond glaze:
- Whisk together powdered sugar, heavy cream, and lemon juice. Drizzle over bread and top with sliced almonds.
All nutritional information is based on third party calculations and is only an estimate. Each recipe and nutritional value will vary depending on the brands you use, measuring methods and portion sizes per household.