The most delicious and creamy lemon cheesecake bars. A buttery shortbread crust with a cheesecake and lemon layer. Dusted with powdered sugar, these are the perfect dessert!
First of all, Happy Mother’s Day! I am so grateful to be a mom to my three kiddos and thankful for my mom in my life! I think that you come to an even better appreciation for your mom when you become one yourself. Geez, it is hard work! I am always so tired at the end of each day but being a mom is the most rewarding thing. I have so much love for my kiddos and I am so proud to be their mom. They make every day so worth it!
What better way to celebrate Mother’s Day and spring than with some amazing Lemon Cheesecake Bars? I am a huge lemon lover, but I think even the non lemon lover would love these bars! My cousin brought these to a gathering and they were the talk of the party. They quickly disappeared and were the talk of the party. I couldn’t wait to make them for myself!
They turned out just as amazing as I remembered them being. They have a buttery shortbread crust on the bottom. The crust is followed by a lemon cheesecake layer and a lemon layer on top! This is the ultimate lemon lover dessert. But I think that these became my favorite because of the creamy cheesecake layer.
They quickly disappeared at our house and I know that you will love them too!
- Crust layer:
- ¾ cup butter, cold
- 2 cups flour
- ½ cup packed light brown sugar
- ¼ tsp. salt
- Cheesecake layer:
- 8 oz. cream cheese, softened
- ½ cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 2 Tbsp. milk
- 1 Tbsp. lemon juice
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- Lemon Layer:
- 4 large eggs
- 1½ cups sugar
- 1/2 cup lemon juice
- zest of one lemon
- ⅓ cup flour
- To make the crust: Preheat oven to 325 degrees. In a food processor or blender, combine cold butter, flour, brown sugar and salt. Pulse until it is incorporated and the pieces are tiny and course.
- Press into the bottom of a 9×13 inch pan and bake for 12 minutes. Remove from oven.
- To make the cheesecake layer: Combine cream cheese, and sugar. Beat until smooth and creamy. Add the egg, milk, lemon juice, and vanilla. Pour cheesecake over warm crust and bake for 15 minutes. Remove and reduce oven to 300 degrees.
- To make the Lemon Layer: Whisk together eggs, sugar, lemon juice, lemon zest and flour until combined. Pour CAREFULLY over the warm cheesecake layer. If you pour too fast the cheesecake layer will lift. If it does lift a little, (mine did) it is ok! It will still taste amazing.
- Bake for an additional 25-30 minutes until lemon layer is set. Remove from the oven and let cool. You can refrigerate for 3 hours and serve cold if desired. I think that way is best. Sprinkle powdered sugar on top and enjoy!