Slow Cooker Breakfast Casserole. This quick and easy to put together breakfast can cook in the slow cooker overnight while you’re sleeping!! There’s nothing better than waking up to the smell of a homemade breakfast already made. This casserole is loaded up with sausage, diced hash browns, eggs and cheese.
Hi everyone! Serene from House of Yumm here with you again today. And today I’m sharing this super easy and completely craveable Overnight, Slow Cooker Breakfast Casserole. This casserole is loaded up with all the breakfast favorites and the best part? It can cook overnight while you sleep! Making this the perfect breakfast meal this holiday season. Perfect for busy days and it makes a decent amount making it great for when company is spending the night!
Getting this casserole going the night before doesn’t take too many steps. The only things we need to prep is dicing up the onion and bell peppers and cooking the sausage. We want to have the sausage cooked before adding it to the slow cooker because we want to get rid of the grease. Not a fan of sausage? Swap it out for bacon. Just follow the same steps of cooking it before adding it to the slow cooker.
I use diced hash browns when I make this casserole. But you can absolutely make it with shredded hash browns if you prefer. You can dice up your own potatoes, or if you’re like me and at the end of the evening you just want to head to bed for those precious few hours of sleep, just use the frozen version. We can toss them into the slow cooker still frozen and they cook up perfectly.
We top it all with cheese and pour the egg mixture on top of it all. You will wake up to the most amazing smell and breakfast already made! If you’re planning a later brunch or are wanting this for dinner (because let’s face it…sometimes breakfast for dinner is a must) this can be made in 4 hours on a high setting also.
- 1 16 ounce package pork sausage
- 1 lb bag frozen hash browns (used diced hash brown potatoes)
- ½ yellow onion diced
- 1 green bell pepper diced
- 1 red bell pepper diced
- 1 and ½ cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 12 eggs
- ⅓ cup milk
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon ground black pepper
- Brown and crumble the sausage in a skillet over medium heat. Once the sausage is fully cooked remove from the skillet and place onto a plate covered with a paper towel. Place another paper towel on top and press to remove as much grease as possible.
- Spray the inside of the slow cooker with non stick cooking spray.
- Layer the diced hash browns (still frozen) the diced onion and bell pepper and the cooked sausage and cheddar cheese in the slow cooker.
- In a medium size bowl mix the eggs with the milk, salt and pepper. Pour the egg mixture into the slow cooker over the other ingredients.
- Set to cook on low for 8 hours or high for 4 hours.
More Slow Cooker Recipes from House of Yumm
Subscribe to the Recipe Critic Blog and get family friendly recipes via e-mail.