20 Minute Garlic Beef and Broccoli Lo Mein has melt in your mouth tender beef with broccoli, carrots, and noodles. The sauce adds such amazing flavor to this incredibly easy meal!
School is starting for us next week! Have you seen that meme that says, “I know that school doesn’t start for a week, just walk slow.” That is my favorite meme. The kids are going stir crazy and its time to get our lives back. Am I right? 😉 This summer did fly by for us with a new baby. I can’t believe it is already time to start.
We always go the weekend before school starts to Park City for one last hurrah. It is absolutely gorgeous up there! We love to do our school shopping at the outlets, stay in a really fun place, and end with the alpine slide. The alpine slide is always something my kids look forward to every year. It was a fun family outing and was enjoyed by all!
With school starting, I will be bringing you some quick and easy meals to make for your family. Not that I haven’t been bringing you quick and easy for a while now. A new baby and busy life tends to consume me. But I love making easy meals that don’t require a lot of effort that are absolutely delish!
This is a family favorite of ours. The beef and broccoli combination are one of our favorites and my kids are a huge fan of noddles. This is THEE perfect meal to make for your family and especially for the busy back to school time. I put this meal together in 15 minutes, but I wanted to give an extra 5 minutes to those that aren’t trained in super fast I have a baby crying skills.
This is the perfect meal in one and I know that you are going to love it as much as we did!
- 8 ounces lo mein noodles, or spaghetti noodles
- 3 cups broccoli florets
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil
- 8 ounce flank steak, sliced against the grain
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 medium carrot, shredded
- ¼ cup packed brown sugar
- ¼ cup reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 2 Tablespoons hoisen sauce
- 2 teaspoons sesame oil
- ¼ teaspoon ground ginger
- ¼ teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- In a large pot with boiling water, cook the noodles according to package directions. Add the broccoli the last 5 minutes of cooking and let them cook until tender. Drain the noodles and broccoli.
- While the pasta is cooking, add olive oil to a medium sized skillet. Cook the steak until no longer pink. Add the garlic, and carrots and cook for a minute more.
- In a small bowl whisk together the brown sugar soy sauce, hoisin sauce, sesame oil, ginger, red pepper and pepper.
- Add the spaghetti to the skillet and pour the sauce on top and toss until incorporated.