I love when you are cruising Pinterest and you see recipes that say, “This will change your life!!” or “You will fall on the floor dead because this tastes so amazing!” or “SHUT THE FRONT DOOR this OMG chicken is OMG!!” Or this recipe said, “This recipe came from Chili’s itself! I asked the manager and this is what he told me!” These make me laugh! And I can’t promise that these things will happen when you eat this chicken, but this chicken was so delicious that we couldn’t get enough. Even after we were stuffed full of this amazing chicken, me and the hubby split the last one! And I am not sure if this tastes like Chili’s, but it makes me want to order it next time it was good. The sauce that it marinates in is SO good… and then topped with Applewood Smoked bacon and smothered in cheese… OMG THIS CHICKEN WILL CHANGE YOUR LIFE!! Haha just kidding. But you should definitely give this recipe a try!
Rating: 5 stars Difficulty of Recipe: 3 stars
Things that I changed: I forgot to add the barbecue sauce! That would have taken to a whole different level. Still so amazing though!!
Things that I would do differently next time: This chicken can be grilled or baked. Since it is snowing right now, I baked it. I can’t wait to wrap this in bacon and grill it this summer!
Will I make it again? Yes! This recipe made me want to invite friends and family over just so they could experience this too!
- 3 Tablespoons Honey
- 3 Tablespoons Soy Sauce
- 3 Tablespoons Worchestershire Sauce
- ½ teaspoon minced garlic
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 cup shredded monterey Jack Cheese
- 8 slices apple-smoked bacon
- 8 tablespoons barbecue sauce
- Mix the honey, soy sauce, Worcestershire sauce, garlic and salt together. I cut my chicken breasts in half making them tenders. Marinate your chicken breasts in this sauce for at least an hour but can be marinated overnight.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. I poured a little of the sauce along the bottom of the pan and placed the chicken on top. I covered with aluminum foil and cooked for about 30 minutes. Make sure center is no longer pink and juices run clear.
- While chicken is cooking, fry up the bacon and set aside.
- When chicken is cooked, spread with barbecue sauce (I can't believe I forgot the BBQ sauce!), top with bacon and cheese. Broil until cheese is bubbly. Enjoy!!