We had a little farewell BBQ right before I left North Carolina. I decided to make these amazing queso burgers. We love queso and we love burgers… queso+burgers= mind blown!
I have been watching what I eat right before our Hawaii trip at the end of the month. This was my hardest challenge to face not being able to eat one of these amazing burgers. The cheesey queso dripping down a freshly grilled burger? So yummy! I was able to get through and resist and eat a salad. Life is hard sometimes. But in the words of my husband, “These burgers are like a fiesta queso explosion in your mouth and are amazing!” I should have him start writing the blog! 🙂
- 1½ lb. ground sirloin
- 1 lb. easy melt cheese (like Velveeta) cut into ½-inch cubes
- 10 oz Rotel Diced Tomatoes & Green Chilies, undrained
- 6 hamburger buns
- 6 pieces leaf lettuce
- 1 large tomato, cut into 6 slices
- Melt velveeta and rotel in a medium saucepan over low heat. You can also melt in the microwave 3-5 minutes, stirring after 3 minutes.
- Preheat grill to medium and shape hamburger meat into 6 patties. Lightly season with salt and pepper. Grill 4 to 5 minutes each side or until no longer pink.
- To assemble the burgers, place burger on bottom bun and top with 2 Tbs melted cheese. Top with lettuce, tomato and top bun and enjoy!