We had a little farewell BBQ right before I left North Carolina. I decided to make these amazing queso burgers. We love queso and we love burgers… queso+burgers= mind blown!
I have been watching what I eat right before our Hawaii trip at the end of the month. This was my hardest challenge to face not being able to eat one of these amazing burgers. The cheesey queso dripping down a freshly grilled burger? So yummy! I was able to get through and resist and eat a salad. Life is hard sometimes. But in the words of my husband, “These burgers are like a fiesta queso explosion in your mouth and are amazing!” I should have him start writing the blog! 🙂
- 1 1/2 lb. ground sirloin
- 1 lb. easy melt cheese like Velveeta cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 10 oz Rotel Diced Tomatoes & Green Chilies undrained
- 6 hamburger buns
- 6 pieces leaf lettuce
- 1 large tomato cut into 6 slices
- Melt velveeta and rotel in a medium saucepan over low heat. You can also melt in the microwave 3-5 minutes, stirring after 3 minutes.
- Preheat grill to medium and shape hamburger meat into 6 patties. Lightly season with salt and pepper. Grill 4 to 5 minutes each side or until no longer pink.
- To assemble the burgers, place burger on bottom bun and top with 2 Tbs melted cheese. Top with lettuce, tomato and top bun and enjoy!
All nutritional information is based on third party calculations and is only an estimate. Each recipe and nutritional value will vary depending on the brands you use, measuring methods and portion sizes per household.
No grill available. Can you give me oven or skillet time and temp?
I don’t have a grill can i baked them in the oven? If so can you recommend temp and minutes.
We always have queso in my house so I will defiantly have to try this.
My boyfriend would LOVE these. Burgers and cheese, he’s such a simple man to please.
Dang girl, the discipline you must have to not eat one of these and opt for a salad instead is impressive!
Believe me! These are on my list to make as soon as I get back from my trip! 😀
This looks so delicious ! and reminds me a burger would also be yummy with the tostios salsa con queso!
Oh I will be making these…I love, love, love queso!
This looks amazing! I love queso and I bet it’s delicious on a burger! I’d love for you to link up with us this week at the TGIF Link Party!
Enjoy the rest of your weekend!