One thing our family loves is breakfast for dinner. I could eat breakfast any time of the day! In fact, we have breakfast for dinner once a week. Sometimes our mornings get so busy that it is hard to find the time to cook a hearty breakfast. So every week we have one of our favorite breakfasts for dinner.
Do you find yourself craving breakfast all day long? You may call yourself a “breakfastarian”. Breakfast for dinner is actually a growing trend. Early risers, night owls, and anything in between might find themselves craving breakfast all day long. And September is National Breakfast month so today I am sharing a recipe to help you celebrate!
As I was thinking of a hearty and delicious breakfast to make, all of my favorite breakfast foods came to mind. Potatoes, Bacon, Eggs, and cheese. And then it came to me, why don’t I make all of my favorite breakfast foods in a potato skin?
The potato skin is the best part. The McCormick spices are key in bringing out the delicious flavor and spices in these potato skins! They get so crispy baked in the oven and make it perfect for loading them up with all of your favorite breakfast foods.
Our family loved these and they are the perfect individual serving portions. They are so hearty filled with potatoes, bacon, eggs, and cheese. And the possibilities are endless with loading these up with your favorite breakfast foods. Then these cute little breakfast potato skins get topped with your favorite toppings. Sour cream, green onions, you name it!
These are so hearty and full of flavor and are the perfect for any time of the day. Breakfast, lunch, or dinner, your family will love these as much as we did!
- 4 large russet potatoes
- 5 large eggs, scrambled and cooked
- 1 Tablespoon Milk
- 8 slices bacon, cooked and crumbled
- ½ tsp McCormick® garlic powder
- ½ tsp McCormick® paprika
- ¼ tsp McCormick® pepper
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 2 Tablespoon Olive oil
- ½ cup shredded cheddar cheese
- Optional toppings: green onions, salsa, sour cream
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Wash and scrub potatoes and prick with fork. Wrap in foil and bake for 1 hour.
- Beat eggs together with the milk. Add to a medium skillet and scramble until no longer runny. Place into a medium sized mixing bowl. Add the cooked and crumbled bacon to the eggs.
- Once the potatoes are baked and slightly cooled, cut them in half lengthwise. Scoop out the pulp leaving about ¼ inch of layer around the skin. Put the pulp with the eggs and bacon.
- In a small bowl mix together garlic powder, paprika, pepper, and salt. Lay the potato skins on a greased baking sheet skin side up and brush with olive oil. Sprinkle about half of the spices on top of the potato skins. Bake at 475 for about 8 minutes. Remove from oven.
- Sprinkle remaining spices with the eggs, potato, and bacon. Fill the tops of each potato skin with the eggs, potato, and bacon and top with cheese. Put back into the oven for about 2 minutes or until cheese has melted. Top with your favorite toppings.
This post was sponsored by McCormick®. All opinions expressed are my own!