Hey everyone! Chelsea from Chelsea’s Messy Apron back with a delicious and easy salad for you all to try. 🙂
I’ve recently discovered just how delicious canned fruit can be in a salad! Particularly in spinach or mixed green salads. It’s great for when the fruit you are wanting isn’t quite in season or you are looking to add some flavor/nutrients to a salad QUICK. This salad has canned pears which are pre-peeled and sliced making it so simple.
Add some pre-made candied walnuts and dried cranberries, a chopped avocado and the easiest ever dressing and you’ve got a delicious and simple salad.
There is a lemon poppyseed homemade dressing that is as easy as squeezing a lemon and blending a few ingredients together. It’s my absolute favorite dressing and a recipe I use constantly. I hope you enjoy!
- 5 ounces (1/2 of a 10 ounce bag) spinach
- 1 can sliced pears
- 1 cup candied walnuts (find near salad toppings)
- ⅓ cup dried cranberries
- 1 large avocado
- ⅓ cup feta cheese
- 4 tablespoons freshly squeezed lemon juice
- ¼ teaspoon lemon zest
- ¼ teaspoon onion powder
- ½ teaspoon Dijon mustard, do not use regular
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoons white sugar
- ⅓ cup vegetable oil
- ½ tablespoon poppyseeds
- Combine the lemon juice, lemon zest, onion powder, dijon mustard, salt and sugar in a blender or food processor. Blend or pulse until completely smooth. Slowly pour in the vegetable oil and blend.
- Stir in the poppyseeds.
- For the rest of the salad:
- Rinse and dry the mixed greens.
- Thoroughly drain the pears.
- Add in the candied walnuts and dried cranberries.
- Remove the skin and pit of an avocado and dice.
- Toss all of the ingredients together with the dressing, add some feta cheese, and enjoy immediately.
- If not enjoying immediately, do not add the dressing until right before eating.
- If desired, add some grilled chicken to this salad!
More delicious salad recipes: