Honey Dijon Ham and Swiss Chicken is a quick and easy 30 minute meal! It is coated in a delicious honey dijon sauce and topped with ham and melty swiss cheese!
I have been loving skillet chicken meals lately if you haven’t already been able to tell. But they are so quick and easy and honestly taste like they are from a restaurant. We loved this Honey Dijon Chicken so much that I knew I had to make a different variation of it.
How could I make it even better? Add some ham and melty swiss cheese. This my friends took it to a whole different and delicious level!
The flavor combination of the tangy honey dijon mustard and the ham and swiss cheese was PHENOMENAL! This meal is so quick and easy and is ready in just under 30 minutes. The honey dijon sauce thickens up and coats the chicken and is so delicious topped with some ham and swiss cheese.
You guys are going to love this one just as much as we did!
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts, thinly sliced
- 2 Tablespoons olive oil
- ¼ cup honey
- 2-3 Tablespoons stone ground dijon mustard, regular can also be used
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 4 slices good quality ham
- 4 slices swiss cheese
- salt and pepper to taste
- In a medium sized skillet over medium heat add olive oil. Salt and pepper the chicken breasts and add to the pan. Cook on each side for about 3-4 minutes until browned and no longer pink and cooked to 165 degrees. Remove and set aside on a plate.
- Add honey, mustard and garlic. Cook over medium heat until it starts to thicken. Add the chicken back to the pan and coat in the sauce on each side. Top with ham and swiss cheese. Continue to simmer until cheese has melted on the top.