A patriotic fourth-of-July triple berry pie made simple with easy ingredients!
Hey everyone! Chelsea back from Chelsea’s Messy Apron. The fourth of July is one of my family’s favorite holidays so I’m already getting geared up with all the food. I recently shared some 4-ingredient Patriotic Flag Bark on my site and then made this delicious Triple-Berry Pie.
Besides the obvious patriotism of the red and blue berries, I also did a star crust. Don’t be intimidated by the crust it is SO easy to make! You just use a regular cookie cutter to cut out star shapes and place them on top of the berries. Alternatively you can do the top crust how ever you typically do it if you can’t find a star cookie cutter.
- 2 packaged pie crusts
- 1 cup frozen strawberries
- 1 and ½ cup frozen raspberries
- 1 and ½ cup frozen blueberries
- ¾ cup white sugar, separated
- ¼ cup cornstarch
- 1 and ½ teaspoons ground cinnamon, separated
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- Place all the frozen berries in a colander in the sink and allow to completely defrost.
- Place one prepared pie crust in the bottom of the pie pan and flute the edges.
- In a bowl, stir together ½ cup sugar, ½ teaspoon cinnamon, and cornstarch.
- Add with the thawed berries and allow to sit for 10 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees and spray a pie pan with nonstick spray.
- Place the berries on top of the prepared pie crust.
- With the remaining pie crust, cut out stars with a cookie cutter. Place the cut pie stars on top of the pie.
- Toss the remaining ¼ cup sugar with remaining 1 teaspoon cinnamon.
- Using a pastry brush, brush the melted butter over the stars. Sprinkle with cinnamon sugar mixture.
- Place the pie on a parchment or foil lined large tray (catch bubbling over fruit).
- Cover the pie with foil.
- Place the pie in the oven and bake for 25 minutes. Remove the foil.
- Bake for another 20-30 minutes or until the filling is bubbling and crust is golden brown.
- Allow to cool and enjoy!
More delicious desserts from Chelsea’s Messy Apron: