Amazing Brookie Bars! A layer of chewy chocolate chip cookie and a layer of fudgey brownie. The best of both worlds!
Hi guys! It’s Kelley back from Chef Savvy! Today I am sharing these AMAZING Brookie Bars! These bars are the best of both worlds! Super rich chocolate brownie on the bottom and chocolate chip cookie on the top!
I halved my recipe for The Best Brownies. They make a super fudgey, rich and chocolatey brownie.
The bars are soft, moist and buttery with chocolate chips in every bite! These are the perfect choice when you can’t decide between a brownie and a cookie.
- 5 tablespoons unsalted butter, cubed
- ⅓ cup granulated sugar
- ⅓ cup light brown sugar
- ⅓ cup plus 1 tablespoon unsweetened cocoa powder
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ½ tablespoon instant coffee granules
- ¼ teaspoon baking powder
- 1 large eggs, cold
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ⅓ cup all purpose flour
- ¼ cup chocolate chunks or chocolate chips
- 5 tablespoons unsalted butter, softened
- 4 tablespoons light brown sugar
- 2 tablespoon granulated sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- ¼ teaspoon baking soda
- ⅛ teaspoon baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1¼ cup all purpose flour
- ½ cup semi sweet chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Lightly grease sides of an 8x8 pan and line with enough parchment paper to overhang the sides.
- Prepare brownie layer and chocolate chip cookie layer.
- Pour the brownie batter into prepared pan first.
- Drop large spoonfuls of cookie dough and spread carefully.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes.
- Cool completely before slicing.
- Add butter to a medium saucepan and cook over medium heat until light brown / caramel in color. 5-10 minutes. Make sure to keep and eye on it so butter does not burn. It also helps to use a light colored saucepan for this.
- Pour browned butter into a large bowl along with both sugars, cocoa powder, salt, instant coffee granules and baking powder. Stir until combined and allow to rest for 5 minutes or until the mixture has cooled down.
- Stir in the eggs and vanilla and mix until batter has a nice sheen to it.
- Fold in the flour and chocolate chips and stir until combined. (Do not over mix) Set aside.
- In a stand mixer with the paddle attachment cream butter and sugars.
- Add in egg and vanilla and mix until combined.
- In a medium bowl mix together cornstarch, baking soda, baking powder, salt and flour.
- Add the dry ingredients on low just until combined. Do not overmix.
- Fold in chocolate chips by hand. Set dough aside.
Love this recipe? Here are more dessert recipes from Chef Savvy!