Grilled California Avocado Chicken marinates in an amazing honey garlic balsamic sauce and is grilled to perfection! It is topped with a thick slice of mozzarella cheese and avocados, tomatoes and basil. This chicken is INCREDIBLE!!
So by now I should have had the baby. Today is Sunday and I am writing this right before I have the baby. So basically I am telling my future self that I made it and survived the end! 😂 This last day before I have the baby feels like the hardest. It was so hard to sleep last night and it is even harder walking on my swollen feet. I am sitting in our theater room lovesac because thats the only thing that is comfortable right now. But I feel so much excitement for the baby to get here and I can’t wait to see her and see what she looks like.
So here is the thing. I am going to be taking some time off to enjoy the baby. So I have been working hard to keep the delicious meals coming and scheduling out so that I can unplug from the entire world and enjoy every second with my last baby. Not only do I have posts lined up for you, my contributors are continuing to bring you amazing recipes. So don’t you worry. I would not leave your family hanging and hungry! Ha! Delicious mouthwatering recipes will still be coming your way!
Like this one. I could not wait to share with you this Grilled California Avocado Chicken!
First of all, this chicken marinates in a honey garlic balsamic sauce. I mean who doesn’t love that flavor combination? It marinates to perfection and honestly grills to tender and juicy perfection! The flavor is absolutely unreal in this chicken.
And just when you think that it can’t possibly get any better, you top it with a thick slice of mozzarella cheese when it comes off of the grill. It gets so melty and ooey gooey. And JUST when you think it can’t get any possibly better with the ooey gooey cheese on top comes the avocado, tomato, and basil.
Que all of the heart eyes for the avocado, tomato, and basil combination. 😍😍😍 My mouth was watering making this to top off the chicken. It provides a fresh and delicious element to the top. It also makes it vibrant and delicious and such a pretty presentation. My family couldn’t wait to devour it!
I am telling you. This was one of the best things that I have ever thrown on the grill. I already can’t wait to make it again. The flavors came together so well and I know that this will become a family favorite at your house as well!
- ¾ cup balsamic vinegar
- ¼ cup honey
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 Tablespoons olive oil
- 2 teaspoons italian seasoning
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 4 slices mozzarella cheese
- 2 avocados, diced
- 3 roma tomatoes, diced (any tomato will work)
- ¼ cup fresh chopped basil
- salt and pepper
- balsamic vinegar for drizzling (optional)
- In a medium sized bowl whisk the balsamic vinegar, honey, garlic, olive oil, italian seasoning, and salt and pepper. Add the chicken breasts and coat. Marinate for 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl add the avocado, tomato, basil and salt and pepper to taste. Set aside.
- Heat the grill to medium high heat. Grill the chicken on each side about 6 minutes or until cooked throughout and no longer pink. Top with mozzarella cheese and avocado, tomato basil mixture. Drizzle with balsamic vinegar and serve immediately.