Avocado Chicken Salad is easy to make and you will never want to make your chicken salad without avocado again! Perfect on a sandwich, croissant or served with tortilla chips!
Avocado Chicken Salad
I have a lot of recipes here on the blog. A lot of really old ones that are SO good as well. I decided that instead of bringing all new recipes, I was going to give the old ones a facelift and bring them back to life. I use my website all of the time for our favorite recipes. And this recipe is one of my go-to recipes. Avocado chicken salad is one of my favorite things to make for lunch. I stack it on whole wheat bread with romaine lettuce, tomato, and top it with sprouts and micro kale.
I made this recipe in the very beginning of the blog because my oldest son loves chicken salad sandwiches, especially to take in his lunch for school. I decided to jazz it up a bit and add avocado and it has become one of our favorites and a lunchtime staple.
How do you make avocado chicken salad?
- Start by using 2 cups of cooked and diced chicken. Rotisserie Chicken or even canned chicken works great.
- Add in diced avocado, mayonnaise, chopped cilantro, lime juice, and salt and pepper. Mix together.
- Use it to make a sandwich, or serve with tortilla chips.
What can I substitute mayonnaise with?
- Greek Yogurt
- Nut Butter
Tips for picking out the perfect avocados:
- Squeeze the avocado. Hold it in the palm of your hand and gently squeeze. A ripe avocado should yield to firm, gentle pressure, but shouldn’t feel overly soft or mushy.
- You can also check under the stem. Peel back the small stem or cap at the top of the avocado. If it comes away easily, and you find green underneath, it is ripe and ready to go.
More avocado recipes that you will enjoy:
- Avocado Shrimp Ceviche
- Crispy Baked Avocado Fries
- Taco Stuffed Avocados
- California Avocado Skillet Chicken
Picture update 8/11/18
Avocado Chicken Salad
- 2 cups cooked and shredded chicken about 3 chicken breasts
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon freshly chopped cilantro
- 1 large avocado diced
- 2 tsp lime juice
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- In a medium sized mixing bowl, add chicken, mayonnaise, cilantro, avocado, lime juice, salt and pepper. Mix until combined.
- Serve in a sandwich or croissant or with tortilla chips.
All nutritional information is based on third party calculations and is only an estimate. Each recipe and nutritional value will vary depending on the brands you use, measuring methods and portion sizes per household.