Grilled Honey Barbecue Chicken Foil Packets are the easiest summer meal with practically no clean-up! Perfectly tender chicken grilled with fresh summer veggies and coated in a delicious sweet and tangy barbecue sauce.
Hey everyone! Kelly here again from Life Made Sweeter! Today I’m sharing another simple dish you can make on the grill.
These Grilled Honey Barbecue Chicken Foil Packets are the perfect easy dinner recipe when it’s too hot to turn on the oven.
They come together quickly and are super easy to customize. Plus everyone in your family will love that they each get their own individualized serving.
This recipe starts off with chicken breasts that you coat in a delicious sweet and tangy honey barbecue sauce.
Add your favorite chopped veggies – I used zucchini, bell peppers, red onion, corn and broccoli. Seal up the packets and toss onto the grill until the chicken is cooked through.
Sprinkle with some fresh parsley and dinner is done! An easy, flavor-packed meal with virtually no-clean-up!
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts, pounded to even thickness
- Seasoned salt (I used Lawry's), to taste
- Black pepper, to taste
- 1-2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 ear of corn, kernels removed
- 1 zucchini, chopped
- ½ red bell pepper, cut into chunks
- ¼ red onion, cut into small chunks
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley, for garnish
- ½ cup barbecue sauce (use your favorite)
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- ½ teaspoon smoked paprika
- ¼ teaspoon chili powder
- Preheat grill to medium-high heat. Cut four 12 x 12 inch squares of foil and lay out on a flat surface. Place one chicken breast in the middle of each piece of foil and divide the vegetables evenly into each packet. arranging them around the chicken.
- Drizzle the chicken and vegetables with olive oil and season with seasoned salt and pepper to taste.
- In a bowl, whisk together the barbecue sauce, honey, apple cider, chili powder and smoked paprika. Brush sauce on both sides of the chicken - reserving enough for later. Sprinkle with half of the chopped parsley.
- Fold the foil over the chicken and seal to close off the packets.
- Place foil packets onto grill and grill for 7-8 minutes, then flip over and grill for an additional 6-8 minutes (depending on the thickness of the chicken) or until chicken is cooked through.
- Remove from the grill and carefully open the foil packets. Brush chicken with reserved sauce and top with fresh parsley and serve immediately.
More foil packet dinners from Life Made Sweeter: