These homemade cookies are soft, fluffy and full of creamy peanut butter with sweet sugar and a large egg, it is that simple. Only 3 Ingredients to make these deliciously desirable cookies!
Cookies are my weakness, especially if you add in peanut butter! Since you all like my peanut butter cookies so much try this Perfectly Soft Peanut Butter Cookies, Amazing Reese’s Peanut Butter Cookies or Peanut Butter Cornflake Cookies (No Bake)
3 Ingredient Peanut Butter Cookies
These 3 ingredient peanut butter cookies are creamy and dreamy! Just what you are looking for to hit the cookie spot. They are so soft and moist that every bite literally melts in your mouth. There are seriously only 3 ingredients! Can you believe that?! These cookies are one of my favorites and for good reason. They are so simple to make and bake up perfectly every time. They are thick, rich and chewy. Full of peanut butter flavor and tastes so good with a big glass of cold milk. I literally make a batch of these and they are gone within minutes. I have learned quickly to double this cookie recipe and make sure that I always have some hidden for me to savor when the kids are in bed.
It is easy to double this recipe and make 3 ingredient peanut butter cookies any time you are needing a quick cookie. These are adorable and with only 3 ingredients that are a staple in the pantry and refrigerator. 3 Ingredient peanut butter cookies are light on calories and can be as low as 93 calories per cookie. These cookies are sweet and delicious. Add a drizzle of chocolate over top or some chocolate chunks to add the perfect combination of peanut butter and chocolate. Make these 3 ingredient peanut butter cookies over and over again, they are always a favorite!
Ingredients for 3 Ingredient Peanut Butter Cookies:
Yes! Only 3 ingredients for these peanut butter cookies. They are quick and easy to make and delicious warm right out of the oven. With only 3 ingredients these cookies are cooked in minutes and so delicious. Even save the cookie dough for later.
- Sugar: I used white sugar for this recipe but you can also use brown sugar in replace.
- Peanut Butter: Creamy is my favorite. It is rich and full of flavor.
- Egg: Simply whisk a large egg together to add to the peanut butter cookie dough.
How to Make 3 Ingredient Peanut Butter Cookies:
3 Ingredient peanut butter cookies are perfect for making a quick cookie recipe at any given time. They are light, fluffy and thick, rich cookie that has the perfect peanut butter balance. Once they are cooked golden brown in oven enjoy warm with a cold glass of milk.
- Mix the 3 ingredients together: Preheat oven to 350 degrees. In a medium sized mixing bowl combine sugar, peanut butter, and egg until smooth.
- Roll the peanut butter dough: Scoop out a tablespoon of dough and roll into a ball. Using a fork, make a criss cross pattern and lightly press on top of the cookie dough.
- Bake the peanut butter cookie dough: Bake for 10-12 minutes until lightly golden. Enjoy!
What is the Best Peanut Butter to Use?
A creamy peanut butter is best. Natural peanut butter or an oil free peanut butter is not best. The texture and oils turn out too be too soft and doesn’t form. Here are a few of my favorite peanut butters for this 3 ingredient peanut butter cookies.
- Peter Pan
- Trader Joe’s Peanut Butter
- Generic Store Brand Peanut Butter
Why Do Peanut Butter Cookies have Fork Marks on them?
The fork marks on peanut butter cookies are there to help flatten as well as design the peanut butter cookies. The 3 ingredient peanut butter cookies have more of a density because of the peanut butter texture. With the fork markings pressing down on top of the cookie dough before they are being baked help the cookies bake more evenly.
To make the fork marks, first roll the peanut butter cookie dough into a ball and place on a greased cookie sheet. Gently press down on the peanut butter cookie dough with a fork then turn the fork and press again in another direction creating an X mark with the fork. The are fluffy and chewier plus bake evenly with the help of the fork marks.
Tips for Making 3 Ingredient Peanut Butter Ingredients:
- White sugar: Substitute brown sugar with the white sugar or do half and half for added sweetness.
- Egg: Add an extra egg for a lighter texture. Use a cookie scoop to scoop the peanut butter cookie dough since it will be stickier with the extra egg.
- Chill: Place in the refrigerator for about 15 to 20 minutes once the peanut butter cookie dough is mixed together. This will help keep the cookie dough from spreading on the cookie sheet while baking.
- Toppings: Add chocolate chips, chocolate chunks or drizzle warm chocolate frosting over top the 3 ingredient peanut butter cookies.
- Sandwich Treat: Spread vanilla frosting or vanilla ice cream on one side of a peanut butter cookie then make a sandwich with another peanut butter cookie on the other side.
- Baking: It is best not to over bake peanut butter cookies. For soft and chewy peanut butter cookies under baking them is best.
More Delicious Cookie Recipes:
- How to Make The Best Carmelitas Cookie Recipe!
- Peanut Butter Blossom Cookies
- Cinnamon Roll Cookies
- The Very Best No Bake Cookies
- The Best Chocolate Chip Cookies Ever!
Easy 3 Ingredient Peanut Butter Cookies
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup peanut butter
- 1 egg
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. In a medium sized mixing bowl combine sugar, peanut butter, and egg until smooth.
- Scoop out a tablespoon of dough and roll into a ball. Using a fork, make a criss cross pattern and lightly press on top of the cookie dough.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes until lightly golden. Enjoy!
All nutritional information is based on third party calculations and is only an estimate. Each recipe and nutritional value will vary depending on the brands you use, measuring methods and portion sizes per household.
I have a question as I don’t use sugar in baking goods anymore. I mainly use Swerve sweetener. Can I use Swerve in place of sugar for this recipe? Thank you
I have not tried any lighter sugars with this cookie. Let me know how it turns out!
What about using Crunchy Peanut Butter?
That sounds delicious too! Let me know how you like them with the crunchy peanut butter.
Can they be made using truvia in place of sugar?
I have not tried that before, let me know how much you used and how they turned out!
My husband asked for more! 👍🏼👍🏼👍🏼
Delicious and fun to prepare with kids!
Curious how many cookies this makes?
This will make 24 cookies.
Hi Alyssa I have one son who’s peanut allergy so I was wondering can I use wow butter in the recipe? How different would it be for baking the cookies? Longer or shorter time?
I haven’t tried this recipie yet but it sounds delicious! I will definitely try this.
Can I put a small amount of chocolate chips in this?
Yes, that would make for a great combination of peanut butter and chocolate!
I’ve made these DELICIOUS cookies now 3 times and my guy loves them. Can’t believe how easy it is to make next I’ll try with brown sugar then chocolate chips.
To be honest I was skeptical about this recipe, since it’s only three ingredients but my daughter and I decided to make them and they were the best tasting peanut butter cookies I have ever had in my life! The recipe critic wins again! 🤗
I’m a terrible Baker but these actually turned out and my husband and son were so excited to have decent cookies! They’re delicious and they were easy to make. I plan to make these again. It was nice to be successful at cookie baking for a change
While I loved the ease of this recipe and the deliciously strong peanut butter taste, they were too sweet for me.
I have made these 4 times since I found your recipe 3 weeks ago. They are incredibly easy and delicious! I have used all brown sugar, all white sugar and half white- half brown. All ways are great. They baked up beautifully in my toaster oven in 9 minutes.
❤️❤️❤️ this recipe!
I have made this recipe quite often and I enjoy them with a glass of milk