Alfredo Pesto Tortellini with Sausage is a quick and easy meal that is so rich and creamy packed with flavor. It makes the perfect dish for busy days!
Spring is finally in the air and we couldn’t be happier at our house about it. We have all been going stir crazy and will take all of the warmer weather that we can get. With Spring comes lacrosse for my boys and the days seem to get even busier. I usually only have an hour to get everyone fed, so I am all for a quick and easy weeknight meal.
The star ingredient of this delicious pasta dish is the new Organic Creamy Alfredo Sauce from Bertolli. The brand just released a new line of organic white pasta sauces. The best part about them is that they contain NO artificial flavors, NO artificial colors, and NO high fructose corn syrup. The brand has always pledged to have simplicity and quality in their products since they began in Tuscany in 1865.
The new white sauces are crafted with premium organic ingredients, and this is the first time they have added white sauces to the Bertolli Organic lineup, which consists of four red sauces. The white sauces include aged parmesan, fresh cream, and garlic, which are all of my love languages and they’re packed and sealed to lock in flavor. You can count on delicious sauces that preserve the integrity of the ingredients in each jar.
We are pretty picky when it comes to a good jarred alfredo sauce. I am telling you that this one can’t be beat! It has such high quality and tastes like it is from a restaurant. My kids went crazy over this meal and I loved it because it was so incredibly easy!
How do you make alfredo pesto tortellini?
- Cook your cheese tortellini pasta until al dente. Drain and reserve 1/4 cup water. Toss the peas with the cooked pasta and let them thaw.
- Cut sausage into half moons and cook until brown over medium high heat in a skillet.
- Add the pesto and Bertolli Organic Creamy Alfredo Sauce. Toss and add reserved pasta water as needed. Add the sausage. Heat until nice and creamy.
Can I add chicken to this dish?
You can add chicken or any other protein you would like to use.
What side dishes can I serve with pasta?
We served this meal with crispy garlic bread and a simple side salad.
Can I freeze this meal?
You definitely can! Just store in an airtight container or heavy duty freezer bag. To prevent the sauce from curdling, make sure to store well when reheating.
This meal only requires 5 ingredients! It makes the perfect dinner for a busy weeknight. You are going to love all of the flavors in this meal and the pesto alfredo is delicious. Your family is going to ask for this one again and again! Try it out for yourself!
Alfredo Pesto Tortellini with Sausage
- 1 package 19 ounce frozen cheese tortellini
- 1 and 1/2 cups frozen peas
- 10 ounces smoked chicken or turkey sausage
- 1/4 cup basil pesto
- 1 jar 15 ounce Bertolli Organic Creamy Alfredo
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Follow the package directions to cook the tortellini until al-dente. Reserve 1/4 cup cooking water. Drain and set aside. Return to the pot you cooked the tortellini in. Pour the frozen peas right on top of the tortellini and toss to thaw the peas.
- Cut sausage into half moons and heat in a skillet until browned. Drain off any fat and set aside.
- Pour the basil pesto and then the Bertolli Organic Creamy Alfredo into the tortellini and pea mixture.
- Toss together and as needed add in the 1/3 cup pasta cooking water for consistency. Add the sausage on top and heat through for a few minutes until nice and creamy.
- Season with salt and pepper as desired and serve hot.
This post was sponsored by Bertolli®. I love working with brands that I am passionate about and use in the kitchen for myself. All opinions expressed are my own.