This website may contain affiliate links and advertising so that we can provide recipes to you. Read my disclosure policy.
Almond French Toast with Roasted Strawberry Syrup is the ultimate easy dairy free breakfast recipe! Our entire family loves this crunch french toast.
Hi guys! It’s Becky from The Cookie Rookie back with a fun and easy recipe. I love a fast and family friendly breakfast recipe, and this Almond French Toast with Roasted Strawberry Syrup is just perfect. Our entire family asks for seconds from my 1 year old son to my 35 year old husband. I love the flavor combination which is a fun play on peanut butter and jelly. I also love that this french toast is dairy free! It’s a simple swap using almond milk instead of cow’s milk, just as flavorful and lower in calories!
I used finely chopped almonds as a crust on this french toast to create a nice crunch with each bite. To die for! This is the type of breakfast recipe that makes me consider being a morning person. It’s simply a great way to wake up and face the day. That strawberry syrup…amazing!
Pin this now to find it laterPin It
Almond Crusted French Toast with Roasted Strawberry Syrup
- Combine strawberries and sugar in a medium saucepan and add 1/2 cup water. Stir to combine. Bring to a boil and then reduce to a simmer, stirring and crushing strawberries against the sides of the saucepan while cooking. Allow to simmer until thickened to your liking, around 15 minutes.
- While sauce is cooking, whisk together the eggs, milk, and extract in a large baking dish.
- Dip each piece of bread fully in the egg mixture, and then press both sides into the chopped walnuts, pressing to coat as much as possible.
- Set aside until ready to make your french toast.
- When ready to begin, heat a griddle over medium high heat and add 1 tablespoon margarine.
- Add four slices of bread to the griddle and cook until browned, about 2-3 minutes. Flip to cook the other side until browned.
- Transfer to a plate and cook the remaining 4 slices.
- Serve topped with the roasted strawberry syrup.
Nutrition information is automatically calculated, so should only be used as an approximation.