This website may contain affiliate links and advertising so that we can provide recipes to you. Read my disclosure policy.
Hey there! This is Julianne from Beyond Frosting! I am so very happy to be joining you over here at The Recipe Critic while Alyssa takes a little bit of time to enjoy her newborn. Lord knows she probably has no time to be making desserts like these Almond Joy Cookie Dough Bars. Lately it seems like all I can do is think about cookie dough and how many different variations I can come up. While Almond Joy candy bars are not my go-to candy, I can’t help but love the combination of coconut, almond and chocolate. These cookie dough bars are topped with a layer of chocolate ganache on top! Summer time is perfect for these no-bake bars! I hope you enjoy!
Pin this now to find it laterPin It
Almond Joy Cookie Dough Bars
For the ganache:
- 1 bag Milk chocolate chips 11 ounces
- 6 tablespoons heavy whipping cream
- Microwave cold butter for 10-15 seconds to softened or leave on the counter for at least 30 minutes.
- Combined softened butter with brown sugar and granulated sugar. Cream together until light and fluffy.
- Add flour slowly. Dough will become crumbly. Add milk, coconut and vanilla extract and beat on medium speed until dough starts to form.
- Lastly, add shredded coconut, almonds and chocolate chips and beat on low speed incorporated.
- Line a 9x9" glass pan with tin foil. Press cookie dough into pan with a spatula.
- To make the ganache, combine chocolate and heavy whipping cream in a microwave-safe bowl. Microwave on high for 90 seconds. Remove from microwave and whisk until smooth. Pour ganache over top of cookie dough. Press additional shredded coconut on the top of the bars.
- Allow to cool for about 30 minutes. Keep refrigerated until ready to serve. Remove from fridge 20-30 minutes before serving to allow bars to soften before cutting.
Nutrition information is automatically calculated, so should only be used as an approximation.