Asian Barbecue Burgers with Sweet Chili Lime Mayo are crazy and tender juicy burgers infused with asian spices. Topped with an asian slaw and a sweet chili lime mayo you will never go back to boring burgers again!
It is starting to warm up out there and you know what that means. It is time to fire up the grill!! I could probably use my grill year round and go out in my snow boots and flip some burgers, but I am so excited the actually grilling season is here! With Memorial Day just around the corner I am sharing one of the best burgers with you today.
May just happens to be National Burger Month. It is time to up your burger game and say goodbye to boring burgers. McCormick just announced its Flavor Forecast 2017 Grilling Edition. McCormick’s signature big and bold flavors will help you to take your grilling to the next level. I used the Korean BBQ Marinade and it was all these burgers needed. It infused so many amazing asian spices and created one of the best burgers that I have ever had!
Now there are a few things that you need to know before you fire up the grill to get that perfect burger every time. McCormick has provided us with some expert tips:
- 80% lean or 85% lean are the best when grilling a burger.
- Indent the middle of the patty before putting on the grill.
- Flip the burger once but don’t press down.
- For thick burgers, sear direct, then go indirect. For thin burgers, stay direct. This will help to cook the burgers evenly.
- Burgers are medium when pink juices come out on top.
For more grilling tips be sure to check out McCormick.com and you will become a grill master in no time at all!
Once you take these perfectly seasoned and juicy burgers off of the grill you prepare the burger. The burger lays on a bed of romaine lettuce and then you create an asian slaw. You add asian flavors into this slaw and put it on top. It adds great texture and flavor to the burger.
This burger is incredible but the sweet chili lime mayo is what takes it over the top! You combine some sweet chili sauce with mayo and lime and it creates the best added condiment to the burger. All of these Asian flavors come together so well in this and bring you one unforgettable burger!
Asian Barbecue Burgers with Sweet Chili Lime Mayo
- 1 pound 85% lean ground beef
- 1 package McCormick Grill Mates Korean BBQ Marinade
- 2 cups coleslaw
- 2 teaspoons rice vinegar
- 1 teaspoon soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
Sweet Chili Lime Mayo:
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 3 Tablespoons Sweet Chili Sauce
- 1 Tablespoon lime juice
- To make the burgers: In a medium sized bowl add the ground beef and korean bbq marinade. Mix until just incorporated being careful not to over mix. Shape into 4 patties.
- Preheat your grill and place burgers on the grill. Turn them once and cook for about 8 minutes until cooked throughout.
- To make the slaw: In a small bowl add the coleslaw, rice vinegar, soy sauce and sesame oil. Toss until combined.
- To make the sweet chili lime mayo: In a small bowl add the mayonnaise, sweet chili sauce, and lime juice. Mix until combined.
- To assemble the burgers place a bed of romaine on the bottom of the patty and top with sweet chili lime mayo and slaw. Enjoy!
All nutritional information is based on third party calculations and is only an estimate. Each recipe and nutritional value will vary depending on the brands you use, measuring methods and portion sizes per household.
This post was sponsored by McCormick®. I love working with brands that I am passionate about and use in the kitchen for myself. All opinions expressed are my own.
I have made these several times and the family loves them. However, I can no longer find the Korean BBQ marinade anywhere. Any suggestions on a substitute?
Is the slaw made with the dry slaw mix, the cabbage etc or a pre-mixed wet slaw?
You will buy a coleslaw package in the salad section. Hope that helps! XOXO
Hey .. do you make the marinade as per the package instructions or do you use the dry rub mixed with the meat??
These were great and so easy to make!
Do you think Gochujang Hot & Sweet Sauce would be okay instead of the sweet chili sauce?
I have never tried the hot and sweet sauce but it sounds delicious!! Let me know how it turns out!!
I love this, very easy to make. Really great flavors, and yeah the mayo is awesome!
That is so great to hear! I am so glad you liked it as much as we did! THANK YOU for sharing!
That mayo! I but it makes every burger taste extra delicious!
Yes! I love the mayo! It makes everything taste better and puts a nice twist on your burger! Thanks for following along with me! xo
Your Recipe Critic,