Hey hey it’s Tiffany from Creme de la Crumb! Summer salads are probably one of my all time favorite things, not that I don’t eat salads all year round because honestly, I do. All. the. time. And that’s one thing that’s so great about this Asian edamame ramen noodle salad, you can make it and serve it all year round.
Just look at those bright colors! Ahhhhh I’m in love. My mother made a version of this all throughout my childhood and I always loved it. She usually served it up at family parties, holidays, and other group gatherings because it’s so easy to make and you can even make it ahead. In fact, I love this salad cold from the fridge the day after it’s made. The noodles get a little bit soft and soaked with the yummy dressing… YUM! You’ve gotta try it, you’ll love it!
Check out more of my popular salad recipes!
Asian Edamame Ramen Salad
Summer salads are probably one of my all time favorite things, not that I don’t eat salads all year round because honestly, I do. All. the. time. And that’s one thing that’s so great about this Asian edamame ramen noodle salad, you can make it and serve it all year round.
- 1 bag large 16-ounce bag of tri-color cole slaw large 16-ounce bag of tri-color without dressing
- 1 package Asian noodles 3 ounce, like Ramen noodles, crushed
- 1 can mandarin oranges 11 ounce
- 1/2 cup edamame cooked and shelled
- 1/4 cup green onions diced
- 1/4 cup shaved almonds
- 1 avocado sliced or diced
- 1 cup Asian sesame dressing See below Asian sesame dressing (Kraft makes an amazing toasted sesame dressing!) store-bought or homemade
- optional: sesame seeds
- 2/3 cup vegetable oil
- 1/3 cup honey
- 1/3 cup rice wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon sesame oil
- pinch salt and black pepper
- Combine all ingredients in a large bowl, with dressing, and toss to combine. Garnish with sesame seeds if desired.
- Can be covered and chilled up to 24 hours before serving - if making ahead, be sure to leave out the avocados til the end so they don't brown. Also, the noodles will soften the longer you allow it to sit before serving so keep that in mind!