These Baked Parmesan Chicken Nuggets are the perfect easy and healthy meal your entire family will love.
Whenever I make these Baked Parmesan Chicken Nuggets, I just know they’ll be devoured in minutes. I always make a double batch and there’s never any for leftovers. There’s something comforting about easy and flavorful cheesy chicken nuggets that are secretly healthy(er) (baked and not fried!) and oh so crispy! You will LOVE the crunch, unique flavor, and ease of this beloved family favorite as much as we do. No more drive through nuggets for us!
I like my chicken nuggets with every sauce option available at my finger tips. Every tender piece of chicken wants variety. I always have bbq sauce, ketchup, honey mustard, buffalo sauce, ranch, and sweet and sour on hand for nugget night. There’s nothing better than curling up with the family for these easy nuggets, lots of sauce, and a great netflix movie. My kind of night at home for sure!
If you’re looking for a meal that is simple to prepare, relatively healthy, and loved by both the adults and the kiddos, these Parmesan Chicken Nuggets are for you. No shame in your game!
Baked Parmesan Chicken Nuggets
- 3 chicken breast boneless skinless
- 1 teaspoon kosher or coarse salt divided
- 1 teaspoon black pepper divided
- ½ cup buttermilk
- 1 cup panko breadcrumbs
- ½ cup Parmesan cheese
- 1 teaspoon favorite herb blend optional
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- ½ cup butter melted
- 2 eggs lightly beaten
- Heat oven to 400°Cover a rimmed cooking sheet with foil and spray the foil with nonstick cooking spray. Place a wire rack on the cooking sheet, and spray it lightly with nonstick cooking spray.
- Pat the chicken dry, cut it into 1½-inch pieces and place it in a [url:2]medium bowl[/url]. Sprinkle the chicken with ½ teaspoon salt, ½ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper, and add the buttermilk. Mix to coat all the chicken pieces. Set aside.
- In a shallow dish, combine breadcrumbs, Parmesan and herbs. Mix to combine.
- Place flour, butter and eggs in separate shallow dishes. There will be 4 dipping dishes in total.
- Strain the chicken/buttermilk over a mesh strainer with a bowl underneath.
- Line up the dipping dishes; chicken, flour, butter/egg mixture, breadcrumb mixture.
- Dredge a chicken piece with flour and shake off any excess. Dip it in the butter/egg mixture and then the breadcrumb mixture. Place it on the wire rack. Repeat until all chicken has been coated.
- Place cooking sheet on the middle rack in the oven. Bake 20-30 minutes, turning after 10-15 minutes.
- Nuggets are done when golden brown, crispy and cooked through.
- If nuggets aren't as crispy as you want after 30 minutes, Set the oven to broil and cook a few minutes until desired crispiness.
- Serve hot with dipping sauces.
•Utopia Kitchen Cooking Knives
•Nordic Wave Baking Sheet
All nutritional information is based on third party calculations and is only an estimate. Each recipe and nutritional value will vary depending on the brands you use, measuring methods and portion sizes per household.
These nuggets are definitely a favorite under my roof!! Sauces galore, and even juicy and delicious by themselves!! Highly, highly recommended if you want something delicious and baked instead of fried!!!
Are you using grated or shredded parm?
I like to use shredded parmesan but grated also works great! It is more of what texture you like to have on your nuggets.
These are delicious! I cut my chicken into strips rather than suggests so that I would have less dipping to do. Also, I had to decrease the butter because of my husband’s dietary needs, though I’m sure he would have preferred the full butter amount. Thanks for another wonderful recipe.
If I made a bunch of these and froze them before baking, how long do you think I’d need to bake them straight from the freezer?
I would start with 12-15 minutes at 350*. Hope that helps! Those are going to be delicious! XOXO