I hope that you had a wonderful holiday! I announced last week that I found out that I am having a girl!!! After two boys I can hardly contain my excitement and this is the best Christmas gift I could have asked for. I am already stocking up on bows and everything PINK!
I don’t know about you guys but I am so sick of the holiday eating and treats! I am ready to go back to eating healthier and a normal routine. The holidays are busy and don’t get me wrong, the treats are nice, but now its time to start eating better.
I decided to take a family favorite and bake it. You can never go wrong with an amazing homemade teriyaki glaze. And baking the chicken still keeps it light and delicious. The glaze is to die for. It is a sweet and delicious teriyaki glaze baked with tender and moist chicken. Perfect served over some rice and a side of veggies and the best part… the entire family will love it!
Baked Teriyaki Chicken
A delicious sweet teriyaki glaze that is light and delicious! The whole family will love it!
- 4 Chicken Breasts Boneless Skinless
- 1 tbsp corn starch
- 1 tbsp cold water
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 1/2 cup soy sauce
- 1/4 cup cider vinegar
- 1 clove garlic minced
- 1/4 tsp ground ginger
- 1/4 tsp ground black pepper
- green onions for garnish
- In a medium saucepan over medium low heat, whisk together soy sauce, cider vinegar, garlic, ginger,cold water, and cornstarch, black pepper. Turn the heat to medium high until it comes to a boil and reduce heat to low. Whisk until the sauce starts to thicken.
- Line a 9x13 with aluminum foil and spray with cooking spray. This helps for easier clean up. Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Lightly sprinkle each side of the chicken with pepper.
- Lay the chicken in the pan and generously coat each side of the chicken breast with the teriyaki glaze. Cook for about 30-35 minutes or until the chicken is no longer pink and the juices run clear. Brush each side with the glaze every 10 minutes while cooking. When finished, serve over rice and pour the rest of the sauce over the chicken and rice.