As a food blogger I am always trying new things and different recipes. But somedays it is just nice to make a batch of fresh chocolate chip cookies. There is nothing better than a gooey chewy warm out of the oven chocolate chip cookie. And I think this may have just been the best out there.
Brown butter just makes every cookie recipe better. While we were all sneaking some of the cookie dough, my little 5 year old said, Mom! This is the best caramel chocolate chip cookie dough that you have made! I had never thought of describing brown butter as a caramel type flavor. But it kind of is! It gives it a caramelly, nutty flavor that is to die for!
I think that this might just be the best cookie recipe that I have tried! I like when cookie recipes stay soft and chewy after you bake them for days after. They were perfect! I know that you will love them too!
- 1 cup unsalted butter
- 2¼ cups all-purpose flour
- 1¼ tsp. baking soda
- ½ tsp. coarse sea salt
- 1 cup light brown sugar
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 egg yolk
- 2½ tsp. vanilla extract
- 1 Tbsp. plain yogurt (I used Greek yogurt)
- 1 cup semisweet chocolate chips (I used jumbo)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Cut the butter in pieces and place in a saucepan over medium heat. Whisking frequently allow the butter to brown. Remove from heat and let cool to room temperature.
- In a mixing bowl, whisk together flour, baking soda, and sea salt. Set aside,
- In your mixer, combine sugars and brown butter. Blend until smooth. Add the egg, egg yolk, vanilla, and yogurt.
- Next, mix in the dry ingredients. Fold in the chocolate chips until incorporated. Cover and chill in the refrigerator for 30 minutes.
- On a non-stick baking sheet, or lined with parchment paper, scoop the dough out by tablespoons about 2 inches apart.
- Bake until golden brown in the preheated oven for 10-12 minutes.