Oh my. It is amazing how one extra step in making the classic rice krispies treat can blow your mind. I am always down to make rice krispies. They are so simple yet amazing. I probably could down an entire pan if I let myself. I am obsessed with anything brown butter so I couldn’t wait to try it on rice krispies!
As soon as I had an ooey gooey bite I was hooked. The brown butter instantly gave this the amazing nutty flavor. How come I didn’t think of browning the butter before? These are hands down the best way to make them and became an instant favorite. I will never go back to making them any other way! They are the absolute best!
Brown Butter Rice Krispies Treats
These are hands down the best way to make them and became an instant favorite. I will never go back to making them any other way! They are the absolute best!
- 5 to 6 cups rice krispies treat cereal
- 1/2 cup butter
- 10 ounce bag marshmallows
- Prepare a 9x13 inch pan by lightly greasing the bottom and sides. Set aside.
- In a large pot, melt the butter over medium high heat. Continue to stir until the butter starts to froth and turns brown and has a nutty aroma. Add in the marshmallows and stir until melted.
- Remove from heat and add in the rice krispies treat cereal. I like 5 cups so they are extra gooey but you can add 6 if desired.
- Press the rice krispies firmly into the bottom of your 9x13 inch pan. Allow to cool. Cut into squares and enjoy!