These are hands down the best way to make them and became an instant favorite. I will never go back to making them any other way! They are the absolute best!
Oh my. It is amazing how one extra step in making the classic rice krispies treat can blow your mind. I am always down to make rice krispies. They are so simple yet amazing. I probably could down an entire pan if I let myself. I am obsessed with anything brown butter so I couldn’t wait to try it on rice krispies!
As soon as I had an ooey gooey bite I was hooked. The brown butter instantly gave this the amazing nutty flavor. How come I didn’t think of browning the butter before? These are hands down the best way to make them and became an instant favorite. I will never go back to making them any other way! They are the absolute best!
Brown Butter Rice Krispies Treats
- 5 to 6 cups rice krispies treat cereal
- 1/2 cup butter
- 10 ounce bag marshmallows
- Prepare a 9x13 inch pan by lightly greasing the bottom and sides. Set aside.
- In a large pot, melt the butter over medium high heat. Continue to stir until the butter starts to froth and turns brown and has a nutty aroma. Add in the marshmallows and stir until melted.
- Remove from heat and add in the rice krispies treat cereal. I like 5 cups so they are extra gooey but you can add 6 if desired.
- Press the rice krispies firmly into the bottom of your 9x13 inch pan. Allow to cool. Cut into squares and enjoy!
All nutritional information is based on third party calculations and is only an estimate. Each recipe and nutritional value will vary depending on the brands you use, measuring methods and portion sizes per household.
I’m embraced to say I’ve NEVER made this insanely EASY dessert before! I’m REALLY glad I took the time to search around for aa recipe that added just a little something special. Browning the butter makes it SO yummy!! Now I’m rethinking sharing them 🙂
Oh they are SO good!! I just love these!! I am so happy you found them and love them! Thanks for sharing! XOXO
These were scrumptious! I too may not go back to the ordinary way of making Rice Krispies treats. Of note, I made mine in a 7 x 11 pan, and I really liked the thickness of the bars. Thanks so much!
Yes, yes, and more yes. I know I would just die over these!!!
Nice twist on the rice krispie treat! Looks incredible! The kid’s are going to enjoy making these with me.