We love rice krispies treats at our house! I mean who doesn’t? They are quick, easy, and so delicious. But I felt like we needed to mix it up a little. I found this recipe for cake batter krispies that was supposed to be life changing. They were amazing! And I think I ended up eating more than my kids… oops. It was a fun twist to regular rice krispies treats!
Cake Batter Rice Krispies Treats
- 3 Tbsp. butter
- 1 10 oz. bag of mini-marshmallows
- 1/3 cup yellow cake mix
- 5 cups crispy rice cereal
- 1 1.75 oz. container of sprinkles
- Melt butter in a large saucepan over low heat and add marshmallows.
- Once melted, stir the cake mix slowly into the melted marshmallows until it is combined.
- In large bowl, combine the rice krispies and melted marshmallow mixture. (I just used a large pot for melting the marshmallows, removed from heat and added the rice krispies at this time and mixed together.)
- Add 1/2 of the sprinkles to the marshmallows and rice krispies while stirring.
- Spray a 9x13 with cooking spray and press it down into the dish.
- Sprinkle the remaining sprinkles on top.
- Wait about 30 minutes before cutting and I also sprayed the knife with cooking spray to help them cut easily!
*With the remaining cake mix you can also made some cake batter cookies. All you would have to do is measure 6 oz of cake mix and 1/4 cup canola oil and 1 egg. Form that into balls and bake at 350 for 10-12 minutes.