We love rice krispies treats at our house! I mean who doesn’t? They are quick, easy, and so delicious. But I felt like we needed to mix it up a little. I found this recipe for cake batter krispies that was supposed to be life changing. They were amazing! And I think I ended up eating more than my kids… oops. It was a fun twist to regular rice krispies treats!
Cake Batter Rice Krispies Treats
- 3 Tbsp. butter
- 1 10 oz. bag of mini-marshmallows
- 1/3 cup yellow cake mix
- 5 cups crispy rice cereal
- 1 1.75 oz. container of sprinkles
- Melt butter in a large saucepan over low heat and add marshmallows.
- Once melted, stir the cake mix slowly into the melted marshmallows until it is combined.
- In large bowl, combine the rice krispies and melted marshmallow mixture. (I just used a large pot for melting the marshmallows, removed from heat and added the rice krispies at this time and mixed together.)
- Add ½ of the sprinkles to the marshmallows and rice krispies while stirring.
- Spray a 9x13 with cooking spray and press it down into the dish.
- Sprinkle the remaining sprinkles on top.
- Wait about 30 minutes before cutting and I also sprayed the knife with cooking spray to help them cut easily!
All nutritional information is based on third party calculations and is only an estimate. Each recipe and nutritional value will vary depending on the brands you use, measuring methods and portion sizes per household.