This website may contain affiliate links and advertising so that we can provide recipes to you. Read my disclosure policy.
An insanely delicious soup that is hearty and packed with all of the amazing things of a cheeseburger inside!
My favorite time of the year is fall. But I especially love when it starts to cool down and becomes soup season! Every year I can’t wait to make my Cheeseburger Soup. It is the best soup that I have ever had. And every time that I make it I am reminded how mind blowing it is. Hearty and delicious and packed with the amazing flavors of a cheeseburger!
My second favorite soup is this Panera Copycat Broccoli Soup. Both soups are insanely good and both are very popular and get rave reviews. So it came to me one day. Why don’t I combine my two favorite soups and make the best tasting soup of all time? So that is what I did and it seriously is to die for!
The flavors came together so well in this soup. All of the goodness of a cheeseburger is packed inside. But the added broccoli gave it more flavor and texture and reminded me of both of my favorite soups! This is a soup that you will want to make over and over again. It is incredible. It is a family favorite and I know you will love this one too!
Pin this now to find it laterPin It
Cheeseburger Broccoli Soup
- 1 pound ground beef
- ¾ cup chopped onion
- ¾ cup shredded carrots
- 2 cups broccoli chopped
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley flakes
- 4 tablespoons butter divided
- 3 cups chicken broth
- 4 cups peeled and diced potatoes
- ¼ cup all purpose flour
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 cups milk
- ¾ teaspoon salt
- ¼ to ½ teaspoon pepper
- ¼ cup sour cream
- 1 teaspoon worcestershire sauce
- optional toppings: bacon bits green onions, cheese
- Brown the ground beef in 3 quart saucepan. Drain and set aside.
- In the same saucepan add 1 T butter and add onion, shredded carrots, parsley flakes, and basil. Saute until tender.
- Add the broth, potatoes, and broccoli and bring to a boil. Reduce heat, cover and simmer 10-12 minutes or until potatoes and broccoli are tender.
- In small skillet melt remaining butter (3 T) and add the flour. Cook and stir for 3-5 minutes or until bubbly. Add to the soup and bring to a boil. Cook and stir for 2 minutes. Reduce heat to low.
- Stir in the beef, cheese, milk, worcestershire sauce, salt and pepper. Cook and stir until cheese melts. Remove from heat and blend in sour cream.
Nutrition information is automatically calculated, so should only be used as an approximation.