Cheesy Chicken, Asparagus, Bacon, and Mushroom Shells are made in one pan with an incredibly creamy white cheese sauce. This is a quick and easy meal that will become a new family favorite!
I don’t know about you guys but I am all about the family friendly meals lately. Life is just always on the go, so I feel like I am winning at life when I bring the family together at the dinner table. This entire meal is made in one pan. One pan meals are awesome because it requires hardly any clean up at all! This meal comes together in less than 30 minutes and I promise you it will be one of the best meals that you ever make.
This creamy white cheese sauce is going to knock your socks off. It is made with Cache Valley Cheese. They are dedicated to quality so you can fully expect expertly crafted cheese every single time you use it. For over 75 years they have been producing flavorful and rich cheese that I know that I can trust in making my recipes delicious! I always keep Cache Valley Cheese on hand at my house and wouldn’t ever want to go without it. Cache Valley is a local to me here in Utah. You guys know I love local and my cheese preferences are no exception. Cache Valley is a hidden gem to us.
The great thing about this recipe is that it is a meal in one! You have everything included in this tasty pasta dish. I love asparagus, especially this time of year and it was the perfect compliment to the cheesy pasta. You then get your protein from the chicken and add some mushrooms. The bacon just makes it that much better and adds fantastic flavor to the recipe.
I used two different types of cheese in this recipe but mozzarella was the star. You will not find a better creamy and cheesy sauce than this one my friends. The cheese helps to thicken it up and makes it so ooey gooey delicious on top of this pasta. I then added parmesan cheese and it completed the sauce perfectly and made it so rich and delicious.
I love easy meals that come together and taste like they came out of a restaurant. This meal has something that everyone is going to love but my family especially raved about the cheesy sauce. It didn’t last long at our dinner table.
This is a family friendly meal that everyone is going to beg for you to make again and again!
Cheesy Chicken, Asparagus, and Bacon Shells
- 10 ounces shells
- 5-6 slices bacon
- 1 pound or bunch of asparagus
- 1 cup sliced mushrooms
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 1/4 teaspoon white pepper
- 3 teaspoons dried parsley
- 1/2 cup grated Cache Valley parmesan cheese
- 1 cup grated Cache Valley mozzarella cheese
- 1 and 1/2 cups prepared rotisserie chicken shredded or chopped
- Optional: addition parmesan cheese for topping fresh parsley, red pepper flakes
- Cook the shells according to package directions. Drain and set aside.
- Meanwhile, chop the (uncooked) bacon into small pieces. Trim the ends of the asparagus and cut into 2 inch pieces.
- Add the bacon pieces to a skillet and cook for 3-4 minutes over medium high heat. Add the asparagus and mushrooms and continue to cook until the veggies are crisp tender and bacon is cooked through. (For crispier bacon, cook the bacon alone for longer without adding in the veggies).
- In the same pot you used to cook the shells in (saving dishes!), place the heat at medium low and add in the butter and olive oil. When the butter is melted add in the garlic, heavy cream, and white pepper. Bring the mixture to a simmer stirring frequently.
- Add in the Parmesan cheese and dried parsley. Simmer the sauce for about 9-11 minutes or until the sauce is smooth and thickened.
- When the sauce has become thickened, add in the grated mozzarella cheese and stir constantly until smooth.
- Add the cooked pasta and shredded rotisserie chicken to the bacon and asparagus skillet. Pour the cream sauce over and toss to combine. If needed thin the cream mixture with a little milk.
- Add fresh parsley, red pepper flakes, and additional parmesan as desired.
- Enjoy immediately.
This Post was Sponsored by Cache Valley Cheese. I love working with brands that I am passionate about and use in the kitchen for myself. All opinions expressed are my own.
Cache Valley dairy products are sold at major retailers throughout Utah, including Smith’s and Walmart. It is sold in other markets in the mountain states such as Fresh Market, Ridley’s, Harmons, Macey’s, Dan’s, Broulims, Red Apple, Reynolds, Clarks. Rancho Market, Ream’s and more.