An easy and classic moist poke cake seeping with delicious cherry jello mixed with coke and topped with a cool and creamy vanilla topping. Perfect for potlucks and gatherings!
Are you guys as excited for summer as I am? This warmer weather has been amazing here in Utah. Especially after all of this rain! We have had a BBQ four days in a row now. We love being outside and BBQ’s are so much fun.
I made this quick and easy poke cake for our last BBQ and it was a HIT! This cake is so easy to put together and we all couldn’t get enough of it!
My son loves cherries so this poke cake became an instant favorite for him! It was pretty simple and so delicious. You start with a vanilla cake mix and poke holes into the cake and pour the cherry coke mixture on top. The best part about a poke cake is that it seeps into the holes and adds such great flavor in each and every bite!
This is the perfect cake for your next gathering and it is sure to be a huge hit!
- 1 (16.5 ounce) French Vanilla Cake Mix (plus ingredients to make cake)
- 1 (6 ounce) Cherry flavored gelatin mix
- 12 ounces Coca Cola
- ½ cup cold water
- 1 (3.5 ounce) instant vanilla pudding
- 1 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 (8 ounce) frozen whipped topping, thawed
- Maraschino cherries and chocolate jimmies for garnish (optional)
- Prepare the cake according to package directions and bake in a 350 degree oven according to instructions. Let cake cool for 15 minutes.
- Using the end of a wooden spoon pierce the cake and make holes about 1 inch apart. In a medium sized bowl combine cherry jello, coke, and water. Mix until dissolved and pour over the cake. Refrigerate for a ½ hour.
- In a large bowl combine instant vanilla pudding and milk. Stir until combined and add vanilla. Fold in whipped topping and spread over the cake. Refrigerate for 3 hours and serve.