Me and casseroles are BFF’s. They are perfect for the busy season and they can feed a small army. But this casserole is one that will go down in the history book as one of my favorite casseroles. EVER! I couldn’t believe how amazing my first bite was. And the pockets of ooey gooey cheese in every bite. I just couldn’t get enough!
The flavors in this casserole were incredible. A simple marinara sauce is combined with fresh grape tomatoes and basil. These simple flavors combined give this casserole and out of the world taste. Oh but don’t forget about the mozzarella cheese cubes in this casserole. The cheese is insane in this casserole. So much goodness in each and every bite. Can you see why it became a family favorite? I am sure that this will become a favorite in your family too!
Chicken Caprese Pasta Casserola
- 1 Pound chicken cooked cubed (about 2 large chicken breasts)
- 1 pound pasta Rigatoni or Penne work great
- 2 cups marinara sauce
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- 1 Tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 1/4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 6 ounces mozzarella cheese cut in cubes
- 1 pint grape tomatoes cut in half, reserve some for garnish
- 1/4 cup fresh basil chopped plus 1 Tablespoon for garnish
- 6 fresh mozzarella rounds for the top
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray a 9x13 inch baking dish with cooking spray and set aside. Cook and drain pasta according to package directions, drain and set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine marinara sauce, heavy cream, balsamic vinegar, and parmesan cheese. Stir until mixed together. Add in pasta, cooked and diced chicken, mozzarella cheese cubes, grape tomatoes, and fresh basil. Mix until pasta is coated in the sauce.
- Place into baking dish and top with mozzarella rounds.
- Bake for about 25 minutes until casserole is heated through and cheese is bubbly on top.
All nutritional information is based on third party calculations and is only an estimate. Each recipe and nutritional value will vary depending on the brands you use, measuring methods and portion sizes per household.