I have made these delicious little chicken enchilada puffs twice this month already. And the first time I made them my sister came over for a visit. She loved them so much that she made me make some more to take home to her hubby. When you pay a visit to The Recipe Critic you never leave hungry or empty handed. 🙂 I loved how easy these are to make. I was even able to show my sister who isn’t very confident at cooking step by step how to make them. You can have them in the oven by the time that the oven is preheated. These puffs are packed with amazing flavor and the cream cheese inside is awesome! This is one of those recipes that is especially great when you want to have a great meal that doesn’t require a lot of effort!
Chicken Enchilada Puffs
Delicious enchiladas wrapped in a puff making an easy dinner! Rating: 5 stars
- 1 package jumbo crescent rolls
- 3 oz cream cheese
- 1/2 cup Mexican Blend shredded cheese
- 3/4 cooked diced chicken I used Tyson's in the refrigerated section
- 1/3 cup enchilada sauce
- 2 teaspoons enchilada or taco seasoning mix
- 1/4 cup Mexican shredded cheese for sprinkling on top
- Preheat oven to 375 and line a cookie sheet with foil and spray with non stick cooking spray.
- Soften cream cheese in the microwave for about 20 seconds. Stir in chicken, seasoning mix, enchilada sauce, 1/2 cup and Mexican shredded cheese until combined.
- Unroll crescent rolls on pan. Place a heaping tablespoon of chicken in the center of the two short ends of the crescent.
- Pull outer corners of the crescent roll over the chicken mixture, and then pull the long end over completely enclosing the filling.
- Sprinkle the tops of the puffs with the Mexican shredded cheese.
- Bake for 15 minutes or until golden brown.