I love a good salad. Can you tell? I have been trying to post one once a week and I make them all of the time. Since making healthier lifestyle choices, I have been incorporating a lot of good salads into the diet.
I used to hate salad. Did you know that? I used to gag them down. So I am a firm believer that anyone can come to love salads. I started by wrapping chicken into a romaine leaf and eating it. Slowly I got used to the taste. Then I discovered how delicious salads can be. I have come a long way from my wrapping lettuce around chicken days. I actually prefer a good salad over a burger. The right salad can be full of flavor and textures, and this salad was just that!!
This salad is full of all kinds of amazing stuff. I actually was inspired by this recipe by one of my favorite salads here on the blog. It is so fun combining things from all of my favorite salads and making one incredible salad.
And this one…. it became an instant favorite!
Not only was the flavor absolutely incredible, but the pasta texture added to it was awesome. I love incorporating pasta into a leafy salad. All of the flavors combined to make this salad truly amazing.
You are going to love everything as much as I did about this salad. The sesame dressing on top is absolutely incredible. It was the perfect finishing touch to this mouthwatering salad. It will become an instant favorite at your house too! It will be one that you will make again and again!
- 2 cups chicken, cooked and chopped
- 3 cups chopped romaine lettuce
- 6 ounce rotini pasta, (about 2 cups) cooked and cooled
- 1 cup chopped red cabbage
- ½ cup red onion, chopped
- ½ cup shredded carrots
- ¼ cup roasted almonds
- ⅓ cup chow mein noodles
- salt and pepper to taste
- Sesame Dressing:
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 6 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1 Tablespoon honey
- 1 teaspoon dijon mustard
- 1 Tablespoon Soy Sauce
- 1 Tablespoon sesame seeds
- ½ teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- ⅛ teaspoon salt
- In a large bowl combine chicken, romaine lettuce, rotini pasta, red cabbage, red onion, shredded carrots, almonds, and chow main noodles. Toss and season with salt and pepper.
- To make the dressing: whisk the vegetable oil, rice vinegar, sesame oil, honey, dijon mustard, soy sauce, sesame seeds, and salt and pepper. Drizzle over the salad and toss, or pour over individual servings.