This website may contain affiliate links and advertising so that we can provide recipes to you. Read my disclosure policy.
Hey everyone! Chelsea back from Chelsea’s Messy Apron. I’ve got a fun dessert/appetizer for your New Year’s Eve celebrations!
This dessert isn’t completely original, but a favorite from growing up. My mom used to make these for us all the time and I LOVE them — sweet and salty at it’s best.
Basically you sandwich a chocolate-caramel candy in between two ritz crackers and dip it either halfway or completely in melted chocolate. I use dark chocolate, but milk, semi-sweet, or even white chocolate works — whatever is your favorite!
Try these delicious desserts next!:
Pin this now to find it laterPin It
Chocolate Caramel Ritz Bites
- 16 Ritz Crackers
- 8 candies chocolate-caramel
- 1/2 cup dark chocolate chips
- 1 teaspoon vegetable oil
- Optional: sea salt
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Place 8 Ritz crackers face down on a baking sheet.
- Top with 8 unwrapped chocolate caramel candies and bake for 3-5 minutes or until the candy is soft.
- Gently press another Ritz cracker on top and compress to get a sandwich cookie.
- Allow to cool.
- Microwave the chocolate chips in bursts of 15 seconds stirring in between until melted. Stir in the vegetable oil to thin the chocolate. Add more as needed to get to the consistency desired.
- Dip half the cracker cookie in the chocolate and set on parchment paper to set.
- If desired add a very small sprinkle of sea salt (this makes them super salty, so only add if you really like that.)
Nutrition information is automatically calculated, so should only be used as an approximation.