I’m participating in a fun cookie exchange today! Make sure you scroll to the bottom of the post for details!!
It still isn’t looking like Christmas around these parts. And the weather still continues to stay pretty warm outside. Which is alright for me but I am secretly hoping for snow! It is so nice that I don’t have to bundle the kids up to go outside. But it just doesn’t feel like Christmas quite yet without the snow here in Utah.
At least I am reminded of the holidays with the Christmas lights and the fresh cut tree in our house. And I love the neighbor cookie exchanges. Isn’t it always so fun to get a plate of assorted Christmas goodies from your neighbors? Mine have been bringing some amazing treats and cookies of all kinds. I really had to step up my game and make a few batches of goodies last week!
I made these Chocolate Mallow Drops as one of the cookies and boy they were good! I love when a cookie bakes perfect and just how you like it. These cookies were a delicious fudgy cookie with a marshmallow layer and drizzled chocolate on top. They kind of reminded me of a hot cocoa cookie! They looked so pretty on the plate when they were done. Just another cute cookie to add to your Christmas baking list this season!
Recipe adapted from Taste of Homes
I have teamed up with some of my favorite blogger friends to bring you some more fun cookie exchange ideas. Don’t they all look amazing!? I want all of these on my cookie plate this year. 🙂
Fruit Filled Pecan Thumbprint Cookies from Chef in Training
Gingersnap Biscotti from Completely Delicious
True Love Cookies from Creme de la Crumb
Salted Caramel Chocolate Chip Macaroons from Inside BruCrew Life
Candy Cane Kiss Cookies from Our Best Bites
Pumpkin Spice White Chocolate Cookies from Sweet Basil
Candy Cane Cheesecake Cookies from Sweet Treats and More
Chocolate Cherry Sandwich Cookies from Taste and Tell
Chocolate Mallow Drops from The Recipe Critic
Peppermint Chocolate Chip Shortbread Cookies from The Girl Who Ate Everything
Rudolph Cookies from Your Cup of Cake
Chocolate Mallow Drops
Delicious fudgy cookies with a layer of marshmallow and drizzled in chocolate!
- 1/2 cup butter softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup 2% milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1-3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup Baking Cocoa
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup pecans chopped
- 18 large marshmallows halved
- 12 oz semi sweet chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. In a large bowl, beat together butter and sugar until fluffy. Add in egg, milk and vanilla.
- In another bowl, whisk together flour, baking cocoa, baking soda, and salt. Add to the wet mixture and combine until incorporated. Stir in pecans.
- Drop dough by rounded tablespoons two inches apart on an ungreased cookie sheet. Bake 6 minutes. Remove from oven and press a marshmallow into the center. Bake 2-3 minutes longer until marshmallows are soft and the edges of cookies are set. Remove and set on wire racks to cool completely.
To make the chocolate drizzle:
Melt the semi sweet chocolate chips in a microwave safe bowl stirring 30 seconds at a time until smooth. Scoop the melted chocolate into a baggie and snip the corner. Drizzle over the top of the cookies.