Fresh romaine and cherry tomatoes get tossed with a delicious asiago caesar dressing. Topped with shaved parmesan cheese and croutons, this is a delicious and classic salad that makes the perfect side!
Caesar Salad is my personal favorite. I make it almost every week! So I am shocked that I haven’t posted it on the blog until now. There is just something about the crisp romaine, cherry tomatoes, croutons, and parmesan that I love together. It is simple but absolutely delicious and mouthwatering!
I was recently inspired by a dressing from our local market. Asiago Caesar Dressing. The last time I made a caesar salad I used it and it was amazing! I had to recreate it for myself.
Now I know that traditionally caesar dressing uses anchovies. So if you would like to add some to it, feel free! I just can’t get past putting anchovies in my dressing. And I am sure that most restaurants use anchovies in their dressings and I have eaten them, I just prefer not to use them.
This entire salad came together beautifully. I like to use cherry tomatoes in my caesar salad to add one more flavor and a pop of bright color. It was so simple to make and the dressing turned out better than expected. This easy to make salad was definitely a five star salad. And it goes so great with almost any meal! You will love it just as much as we did!
- 4 cups romaine, chopped
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes, sliced in half
- 1 cup croutons
- ½ cup shaved parmesan (shredded will also work)
- black pepper
- Asiago Caesar Dressing:
- 1 teaspoon dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 garlic clove, pressed
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- ¼ cup mayonnaise
- ¼ cup olive oil
- ½ cup asiago cheese, shredded
- In a large bowl combine chopped romaine and cherry tomatoes.
- To make the dressing: Combine dijon mustard, worchestershire, garlic, black pepper, mayonnaise, olive oil and asiago cheese in a food processor or blender. Pulse until smooth.
- Toss the romaine and cherry tomatoes with the dressing. Top with croutons, parmesan cheese, and sprinkle a dash of black pepper on top.