This website may contain affiliate links and advertising so that we can provide recipes to you. Read my disclosure policy.
Creamy Cajun Chicken Meatballs are soft, juicy chicken meatballs slathered in a creamy gravy flavoured with cajun seasoning. This one-pot recipe is the perfect dinner option!
Hey there! This is Richa from My Food Story and today I have these delicious creamy cajun chicken meatballs for you. These things are legit if you like meatballs and everything creamy. We are talking about some serious comfort food.
Let’s just say that I have made these at least three times in the last week and there have been no complaints. And no leftovers because the pan is wiped clean by the end of the meal.
This is a real deal one pan recipe. We start by making these delicious meatballs which are seasoned with garlic and cajun spice, and then they are simmered in a super creamy sauce. These meatballs are chicken so they cook pretty fast and the parmesan and breadcrumbs in them keeps them nice and moist.
You can easily swap out the chicken for beef or pork if you prefer read meat but I don’t think you’ll miss it. Because these meatballs have a ton of flavour and after simmering in the sauce for about 15 minutes, they’ve absorbed all the juices and are perfect.
This recipe makes a big batch – at least 18-20 meatballs so that you can feed a family of five. And if you have leftovers, which we don’t, just add a dash of milk or water while reheating them for the perfect gravy again.
We love eating these with egg noodles or even garlic bread because when you are dipping into that perfect sauce, there is no holding back. You can make the meatballs ahead so that at dinner time, all you need to do is make the sauce and simmer them for a bit.
Pin this now to find it laterPin It
Creamy Cajun Chicken Meatballs
For the Meatballs:
- ¾ cup Bread Crumbs
- 1 Egg
- 2 tablespoons Cajun seasoning
- 3 Garlic Cloves minced
- ¼ cup grated Parmesan
- 1 ¼ pounds ground Chicken
- 3 tablespoons Olive Oil
- Salt to taste
For the Sauce:
- 1 tablespoon Olive Oil
- 1 tablespoon Butter
- 2 Garlic Cloves minced
- ½ cup chopped Onions
- 2 tablespoons Flour
- 1 ½ cups low sodium Chicken Broth
- 1 tablespoon Cajun Seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon Paprika
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- ½ cup Heavy Cream
- In a bowl mix together all the ingredients for the meatballs except oil till just combined. Form them into approximately 18 meatballs.
- Heat olive oil in a pan and add the meatballs to the pan. Do not overcrowd the pan and if its not large enough, cook the meatballs in batches. Brown the meatballs on all sides and remove them on a plate.
- To start making the sauce, heat olive oil and butter in the same pan and add garlic and onions. Saute for 2-3 minutes and add the flour. Cook the flour for a minute or two to cook it so that it doesn't taste raw. Slowly add the chicken broth and keep whisking continuously till the sauce thickens.
- Add the cajun seasoning, paprika, salt, pepper and the meatballs. Simmer the meatballs for 10 minutes till they are cooked through.
- Mix in the heavy cream and turn off the flame. Serve hot.
Nutrition information is automatically calculated, so should only be used as an approximation.