This website may contain affiliate links and advertising so that we can provide recipes to you. Read my disclosure policy.
This Creamy Taco Salad is the ultimate fun party meal for game day. It’s simple, perfect for a crowd, and oh so delicious!
Hi all! It’s Becky from The Cookie Rookie back with another fun and easy (SUPER EASY) recipe! I’m a new mom, so at our house we are all about making meals as simple as possible. That being said, every Sunday is still filled with football, and that means good food is a must. Nachos, wings, and all the fixins can be nice, but sometimes I crave a hearty salad instead. I’m not claiming this Creamy Taco Salad is healthy by any means, but it does have a lighter feel than your typical game day eats. It’s a fresh take on a classic recipe, and I hope you love it as much as we do!
The key to making this fun and easy recipe unique is mixing thin salsa with your favorite creamy dressing. The result is Tex Mex perfection. The ultimate dressing to set your Taco Salad apart. Whether you’re watching football with a crowd or just home with your family and need something fast, this is sure to please.
Pin this now to find it laterPin It
Creamy Taco Salad
- 4 10 inch flour tortillas
- Olive Oil divided
- 1 lb lean ground beef
- 1 1 ounce packet taco seasoning
- 1 8 ounce can tomato sauce
- 2 large romaine hearts chopped/shredded (or 1 large head iceberg lettuce)
- 1 16 ounce can black beans
- 2 2 1/4 ounce can sliced black olives
- 1 cup shredded Mexican blend cheese
- 1 large red onion diced
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro chopped
- 1 (4 ounce) can green chiles drained
- 1 pint grape tomatoes chopped
- 1/2 package 5 ounceNacho chips (such as doritos
- 1/2 cup thin salsa
- 3/4 cup creamy dressing you can use ranch, thousand island, avocado lime, whatever you love!
- Preheat oven to 425. Brush or spray both sides of each tortilla with olive oil. Place torillas inside oven safe bowls to create the shape you desire. Bake for 10-15 minutes until crisp. Remove from oven and let cool completely. Set aside.
- In a dutch oven over medium heat, heat 1 tbsp olive oil and add beef. Crumble as it cooks. Add taco seasoning and tomato sauce and allow to cook down until it's your desired consistency. Drain excess sauce.
- In a large bowl mix together the lettuce, beef, beans, olives, cheese, onion, chiles, cilantro, tomatoes, and chips. Toss to combine.
- In a small container stir together the dressing and salsa. Pour over the salad and toss to coat.
Nutrition information is automatically calculated, so should only be used as an approximation.