Dark Chocolate Pistachio Bars are naturally sweetened and filled with good-for-you ingredients! Plus they are simple to make and adapt!
Hey everyone! It’s Chelsea back from Chelsea’s Messy Apron.
These are SUCH a great snack to keep you on track with healthy eating! They are so delicious you won’t be missing all those sweets from the holidays because these taste like a dessert! And…the chocolate topping doesn’t hurt that 🙂
One of my favorite all-time snacks is a Chewy Dipps bar. But those are basically glorified candy bars…SO enter these. These bars are naturally sweetened and filled with good-for-you ingredients! Plus they are simple to make and adapt! If you aren’t a pistachio fan, you can switch them out for any nut. And you could also add a different type of chocolate such as milk chocolate or semi-sweet. If you change the chocolate to milk or semi-sweet, they won’t be as healthy as dark chocolate, but still a lot better than a store-bought granola bar!
- 1 packed cup pitted dates, deglect noor recommended
- ⅓ cup creamy peanut butter
- ⅓ cup pure maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ½ cup Quick-1 minute Oats
- 1 cup Old fashioned Oats
- ¾ cup shelled pistachios, chopped
- ½ cup miniature dark chocolate chips
- Granola Bar Topping
- 1 cup dark or milk chocolate chips
- 2 teaspoons coconut oil
- Line an 8 x 8 pan with parchment paper or foil with an overhang for easy removal. Don't spray with cooking spray as it makes these greasy. Set aside.
- In a small blender jar (I use the Twister jar for Blendtec) or a food processor, pulse the pitted dates to create a very thick and sticky paste. (If your dates aren't moist, soak in warm water and then drain and dry very well)
- Scoop out the date paste and place in a bowl.
- Slightly warm up the peanut butter and maple syrup in the microwave (like 20 seconds) and stir into the date paste. Stir well.
- Add in the vanilla extract.
- Stir in the quick oats and the old fashioned oats.
- Add in the miniature chocolate chips and chopped pistachios
- Knead with your hands to get it all well mixed.
- Press into the prepared 8 x 8 baking pan and set aside while assembling the melted chocolate.
- In a large microwave safe bowl combine the chocolate chips and coconut oil (measured when the oil is in a hardened state).
- Microwave in bursts of 15 seconds stirring in between each burst for 15 seconds until melted.
- Pour evenly over the bars and tip the pan around to move the chocolate in an even layer on top.
- Place in the fridge (covered) until the chocolate is completely set.
- Remove from the pan and cut into bars.
- Store in the fridge, covered.
More delicious and healthy snacks from Chelsea’s Messy Apron: