Hey everyone! Chelsea back from Chelsea’s Messy Apron! I’m slightly obsessed with all things Fall and Winter, so there have been all kinds of pumpkin and apple recipes lately on my site.
I’ve also been making soup like CRAZY and have tons of recipes to share. This soup was one of our favorites. It’s pure comfort food, rich & creamy, plus SO easy to make. My whole family loved it and thought it was even better than a from-stratch chicken pot pie! The ingredient list is short, but it’s packed with flavor and easy to adapt to your personal preference. Feel free to add in some extra spices or whatever you generally like in your pot pies.
And the biscuits to top it are totally optional but such a fun “pot pie” touch! Hope you all enjoy 🙂 And if it’s still too hot where you are at, definitely make sure to bookmark this recipe for the first cold day!
Recipe adapted from AllRecipes.
More soup recipes from Chelsea’s Messy Apron:
Chicken Pot Pie Soup
This soup was one of our favorites. It’s pure comfort food, rich & creamy, plus SO easy to make.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 cup yellow onion chopped
- 1 teaspoon garlic minced
- 1 cup celery chopped
- 2 cups chicken cooked and shredded
- 1 package mixed vegetables 16 ounce, frozen
- 3/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 can condensed cream of potato soup 10.75 ounces
- 1 can condensed cream of chicken soup 10.75 ounces
- 2 cups milk I used 1%
- Grand biscuits optional to top with
- Optional: fresh parsley
- In a large pot over medium heat, pour in the olive oil.
- Sauce the onion and garlic until tender. Add in the celery, chicken, vegetables, pepper, both soup containers and milk.
- Heat through and pour into bowls.
- Meanwhile, cook the grand biscuits if desired.
- Place a cooked and warm biscuit on top of the bowl and enjoy immediately. Top with chopped fresh parsley if desired.