Hey Recipe Critic readers! Chelsea back from Chelsea’s Messy Apron! Is everyone getting geared up for Thanksgiving…or Christmas? The stores seemed to have forgotten the fact that Thanksgiving comes first, but then again, Christmas seems to come earlier every year 🙂
I love Thanksgiving. It’s definitely one of my favorite holidays, and I especially look forward to all of the cooking I get to do. To gear up for Thanksgiving, I started to post a few recipes that are going to be on our menu on my site. One of the “must-haves” on my list is cornbread muffins. These muffins are packed with herbs and flavor. They are my family’s absolute favorite and I’m sure you will love them if you give them a try.
These muffins are pretty quick to make and if desired you can substitute fresh herbs for the dried ones. Just increase the amount to a few tablespoons since dried herbs have a much more concentrated amount than fresh herbs. The milk can also be switched out for a different fat percentage, but whole milk will make for the most rich tasting cornbread muffins around!
Hope you all enjoy and have a very happy Thanksgiving!
Easy Herbed Cornbread Muffins
- 1 and ½ cups yellow cornmeal
- 1 cup white flour
- 1/4 cup + 2 tablespoons white sugar
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup melted butter
- 3 large eggs
- 1 cup whole milk
- 1 tablespoons white vinegar
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 3 tablespoons fresh chives
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F. Generously grease a muffin tin and set aside.
- In a large bowl, stir together the cornmeal, flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, and salt.
- In another bowl, whisk together the butter and eggs.
- In another bowl, combine the milk and white vinegar, stir, and let sit for 5 minutes. Add this mixture to the butter and eggs.
- Stir until just combined and then add in the parsley, thyme, and chives.
- Scoop the mixture into the muffin tins.
- Bake for 15-18 minutes or until lightly browned around the edges. Let cool on a wire cooling rack.
All nutritional information is based on third party calculations and is only an estimate. Each recipe and nutritional value will vary depending on the brands you use, measuring methods and portion sizes per household.