World’s Best Baked Beans will be the last recipe you will ever make! These easy baked beans are the perfect side to a potluck and a tried and true family recipe!
World’s Best Baked Beans
THIS recipe my friends is a family tried and true favorite. And guess what? It has been on the blog since the very beginning. If you want a good laugh at the iPhone photo I took of it, click here. Needless to say, the picture needed a major update. My in laws introduced me to this recipe 14 years ago! And guess what? I have yet to try one that can beat it. It was adapted from the Lion House Cookbook, and people beg me to bring the beans to every gathering that we have.
What makes these the best baked beans?
Well for starters, the bacon. It has a pound of bacon inside of these amazing baked beans. It is also perfectly sweet with the brown sugar added, and they are thick and rich. I also love these baked beans because not a lof of ingredients are required, and they turn out perfect every single time!
How do you make baked beans from scratch?
- Start by frying your bacon in a medium sized skillet over medium high heat. Once the bacon is cooked, remove with a slotted spoon and set on a plate. Remove most of the bacon grease, but leaving some to fry your onion and green pepper.
- Fry your onion and green pepper until tender. Combine bacon, green pepper, onion, pork and beans, ketchup, brown sugar, and worchestershire sauce in a 9×13 inch pan.
How long do you bake beans in the oven?
Preheat your oven to 350 degrees. Cover with foil and bake for one hour until the beans thicken up and a nice crust forms on top.
How do you make baked beans in a slow cooker?
Follow the steps in the recipe and add them to the slow cooker at the end. Keep on low heat for 4-6 hours or until desired consistency.
Can I make this recipe on the stovetop?
Absolutely. Add ingredients to a large dutch oven and cover and simmer for an hour.
Need more amazing side ideas to take to your potluck?
- Brown Sugar Cinnamon Grilled Pineapple
- Tuscan Pasta Salad
- Very Berry Cheesecake Salad
- Ambrosia Salad
- Strawberry Avocado Spinach Salad
World's Best Baked Beans
- 1 pound bacon
- 1 green pepper diced
- 1 onion diced
- 4 15 ounce cans pork and beans
- 1 cup ketchup
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 Tbs Worcestershire Sauce
- Fry up the bacon and crumble in pieces. Cut up the green pepper and onion and cook in the bacon grease until soft. Combine all ingredients together. Let simmer in pan on low for at least an hour.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Fry up the bacon and crumble in pieces. Remove the bacon with a slotted spoon and discard some grease. Add the green pepper and onion and fry until tender.
- Combine bacon, green pepper, and onion, pork and beans, ketchup, brown sugar, and Worcestershire sauce in a 9x13 inch pan. Bake covered for 1 hour. You can also simmer in a large pot on the stove for 1 hour.