This website may contain affiliate links and advertising so that we can provide recipes to you. Read my disclosure policy.
These World’s Best Baked Beans will be the last recipe you will ever make! This easy recipe is the perfect side to a potluck and a tried and true family recipe that your family will go crazy over!
A good side dish really makes a meal, in my opinion. Try out some more of my favorite sides that will complement just about anything! My favorites are these Creamy Parmesan Garlic Brussels Sprouts, this delicious Grilled Asparagus and these yummy 1-Hour Dinner Rolls.
World’s Best Baked Beans
This recipe is a family tried and true favorite. It’s simple and easy to make, and it’s packed full of flavor. The best part about it is that once it’s cooked, you can put it in a slow cooker to keep it warm, and it’s easy to transport. Because this is made for just about every single occasion in our family, being able to get the food to and from somewhere is a MUST!
The secret to these baked beans is the bacon. It has a pound of bacon inside of these amazing baked beans and once you add in brown to sweeten it up… You will see why these are the best of the best! They are hearty and rich, and they turn out perfect every single time! Serve these up at a delicious bbq alongside a salad and some grilled chicken and you won’t regret it!
Ingredients in Baked Beans
These ingredients are simple and easy for the world’s best baked beans. Once you try this once, you will make sure that you always have these ingredients on hand so that you can make this side dish to go with everything! Check out the recipe card at the bottom of the post for exact ingredient measurements.
- Bacon: The bacon is the secret ingredient that really makes this recipe stand out.
- Green Pepper: I like to dice this up nice and small.
- White Onion: You can also use a yellow onion if that’s what you have.
- Pork and Beans: This part is so easy. You just open the cans and dump them in!
- Ketchup: This adds a deeper flavor to the beans.
- Brown Sugar: The brown sugar adds a sweet flavor that goes especially well with the bacon.
- Worcestershire Sauce: This savory and sweet sauce complements the other ingredients perfectly.
How to Make Easy Baked Beans
The world’s best baked beans take just over an hour to bake. This is easy because then you can cook them up while you make the main course.
- Prep and Cook: Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Fry up the bacon and crumble in pieces. Remove the bacon with a slotted spoon and discard some grease. Add the green pepper and onion and fry until tender.
- Bake: Combine bacon, green pepper, onion, pork and beans, ketchup, brown sugar, and Worcestershire sauce in a 9×13-inch pan. Bake covered for 1 hour.
Can I Cook Baked Beans on the Stove?
Yes! Add ingredients to a large Dutch oven, cover, and simmer for an hour. Fry up the bacon and crumble it into pieces. Cut up the green pepper and onion and cook in the bacon grease until soft. Combine all ingredients together. Let simmer in the pan on low for at least an hour.
How do I Cook Baked Beans in a Slow Cooker?
Follow all of the steps in the recipe card but instead of combining the ingredients to a 9×13 pan, place them in a slow cooker. Cook them on low for 4-6 hours.
How to Store Leftovers
Once your world’s best baked beans have cooled, place them in an airtight container. Store the beans in your fridge for 3-4 days. When you are ready to eat them again, you can reheat them on low-medium heat on the stove until they are warmed through.
Pin this now to find it laterPin It
World’s Best Baked Beans
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Fry up the bacon and crumble in pieces. Remove the bacon with a slotted spoon and discard some grease. Add the green pepper and onion and fry until tender.
- Combine bacon, green pepper, onion, pork and beans, ketchup, brown sugar, and Worcestershire sauce in a 9×13-inch pan. Bake covered for 1 hour.
Nutrition information is automatically calculated, so should only be used as an approximation.