Hey guys! It’s Chelsea from Chelsea’s Messy Apron. How is the holiday season going so far? Done with all your Christmas shopping or have you even started? I’m about halfway done 🙂
Today I’ve got one of the simplest cookies for you to make this holiday season! Since this time of the year tends to be the busiest, why not use such a simple recipe and save some time?! These cookies are only FIVE ingredients so there is no excuse to not make these! They hardly take any time at all and can all be done in one bowl – what a perfect holiday cookie recipe!
These cookies are peanut butter based with chocolate chips and very sweet! I love sweet and salty so I added a little bit of sea salt to the tops of the cookies, but that is completely optional.
Happy Holiday Baking!!
Easy Peanut Butter and Chocolate Cookies
- 1 cup peanut butter creamy
- 1 cup white sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 large egg
- 3/4 cup chocolate chips
- Optional: Coarse sea salt
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Beat together the peanut butter, sugar, vanilla, and egg.
- Stir in the chocolate chips and then scoop onto a cookie sheet.
- Press a few extra chocolate chips into the tops of the cookies if desired.
- Bake for about 6-8 minutes or until lightly browned around the edges. Remove from the oven and allow the cookies to sit on the cookie sheet for another 2-3 minutes before removing to a cooling rack.
- Top the cookies with sea salt if desired.
All nutritional information is based on third party calculations and is only an estimate. Each recipe and nutritional value will vary depending on the brands you use, measuring methods and portion sizes per household.