Hey Recipe Critic readers! Chelsea back again from Chelsea’s Messy Apron with a fun summer salad for you all to try. I’m talking fresh watermelon, strawberries, mango, mint, and feta cheese. Does it get any better than that combo?!
But first, have you seen Alyssa’s sweet new Chloe? I’m totally dying over how precious she is.
And congrats to the lucky mom. I’m glad I can contribute to Alyssa’s site while she is taking some time off to be with her sweet new baby girl and her adorable boys.
I’m sure that girl will get spoiled!!
So let’s talk about this salad! This salad is perfect for a summer party – I’m talking a BBQ or picnic. Yes – this is a perfect picnic salad. And one that takes less than thirty minutes to put together. Because, who wants to be inside cooking and preparing salads all day when the weather is absolutely gorgeous?! I guess sometimes I still like to bake and cook all day occasionally in the summer, but I’m a little bit crazy.
And if it’s super nice weather, there is no way I’m going to be inside preparing super time-consuming meals.
This salad takes a few minutes to chop up all the fruit, but it goes pretty quick. Also, for the feta cheese, make sure to sprinkle it on the salad right before serving. It always tastes better that way 🙂
Happy summer eating!
Fresh Watermelon and Feta Salad
- 1 watermelon medium sized, about 8 cups, cut into small chunks
- 2 large mangoes pitted and skins removed
- 1 and ¼ cups fresh strawberries stems removed and chopped
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 3 tablespoons freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons salt
- ½ teaspoon pepper
- 1 and ½ cups feta cheese crumbled
- ½ cup mint leaves chopped
- In a small bowl, whisk together the olive oil, lemon juice, salt and pepper.
- In a large bowl, stir together the watermelon, mango, and strawberries. Stir gently. Stir in the dressing.
- Garnish with the mint leaves and feta cheese.
- Serve immediately.
All nutritional information is based on third party calculations and is only an estimate. Each recipe and nutritional value will vary depending on the brands you use, measuring methods and portion sizes per household.
What a fantastic combination of flavors…sweet and salty! Love the creativity 🙂
Happy Valley Chow
This salad looks so light and refreshing-perfect for summer! 🙂
Watermelon & mangoes are the best! Great job, Chelsea! Pinned And Alyssa, Chloe is soooo precious! Saw the pics you posted!