This website may contain affiliate links and advertising so that we can provide recipes to you. Read my disclosure policy.
Fresh fruit, quinoa, and a tangy citrus dressing = pure bliss in a bowl. And the perfect way to keep on track with healthy eating and ENJOY it!
I love a good fruit salad, but adding a dressing and quinoa to a fruit salad has quickly become a new staple in my home. The quinoa adds tons of protein leaving this salad surprisingly filling. While it probably won’t stand on it’s own for a meal, serving it with some grilled chicken or steak is honestly one of the best meals ever — fresh, light, healthy, and packed with flavor!
This salad is highly customizable; pretty much whatever berry or chopped fruit you want will go well with the quinoa and dressing. The dressing is subtle, tangy, tasty, and healthy; plus it is super quick and easy to whip together.
This salad doesn’t take too much prep time because the only fruit you need to cut is the kiwi and mango; the oranges just get drained and blueberries + raspberries just need a quick wash + dry.
Once you try it just once, it will become a salad you’ll be craving all year long!!
Pin this now to find it laterPin It
Fruity Quinoa Salad
- 1 cup uncooked quinoa I used tri-colored
- 1 large mango
- 1 container 6 ounces raspberries
- 2 kiwis
- 1 can 15 ounces mandarin oranges well drained
- 1 heaping cup fresh blueberries
- 1 large orange 2 tablespoons juice and 1 teaspoon zest
- 1 large lemon 1 tablespoon juice and 1/4 teaspoon zest
- 1 and 1/4 tablespoon honey
- 1 teaspoon dijon mustard
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil or olive oil
- Salt and pepper I use about 1/4 teaspoon salt and 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- Optional: fresh limes
- Prepare the quinoa according to package directions.
- Prepare the fruits: Peel and chop the mango. Wash the raspberries. Peel the kiwis and slice or chop. Drain the mandarin oranges. Wash and dry the blueberries.
- Allow the quinoa to cool completely and add all the fruits. Gently mix together.
- Prepare the dressing: combine the orange juice and zest, lemon juice and zest, honey, dijon mustard, & salt and pepper in a small food processor or blender. Blend until smooth -- make sure the honey is incorporated. Blend in the vegetable oil. Taste and adjust to preference (more honey, salt, pepper, etc.)
- Pour the dressing over the salad and mix. If desired squeeze a wedge of lime over the salad.
- Store this salad in the fridge.
Nutrition information is automatically calculated, so should only be used as an approximation.
More Salad Recipes from Chelsea’s Messy Apron: