Greek Chicken Sliders made with tender chicken, feta, gooey cheese and topped with cool and creamy Tzatziki sauce. Flavor packed and perfect for parties and holidays.
With picnic and patio season just around the corner, I am always on the lookout for tasty and simple recipes for feeding a crowd.
These Greek Chicken Sliders come together easily and are full of fresh Mediterranean-inspired flavors.
You can go the full homemade route here or to keep things super simple, rotisserie chicken and your favorite store-bought Greek dressing (my latest favorite is Panera’s which you can find at Target) work great as well.
Serve with lettuce, sliced tomatoes, cucumbers, red onions and a dollop of cool and creamy tzatziki sauce.
This recipe makes 12 so it’s also perfect for a holiday party or family get together.
HOW TO MAKE GREEK CHICKEN SLIDERS?
Start off by combining shredded chicken with Greek dressing (I used Panera’s).
Assemble the sliders by arranging the bottom halves on a lined baking sheet or lightly greased casserole dish.
Layer with shredded chicken, crumbled feta and a layer of mozzarella slices.
Finish with top halves and brush with melted butter mixture along with some crumbled feta. Cover with foil and bake until cheese is nice and melty.
WHAT CAN I SERVE THESE SLIDERS WITH?
- 1 cup plain Greek yogurt
- ⅓ cup finely chopped cucumber
- ½ tablespoon chopped fresh dill
- 2 teaspoons chopped fresh oregano
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- ½ teaspoon finely minced garlic
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 3 cups shredded cooked chicken rotisserie, slow cooked or grilled
- ⅓ cup Greek dressing, homemade or your favorite brand (I used Panera's I got from Target)
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 4-6 slices mozzarella cheese1/4 cup crumbled feta, plus more for topping
- 1 12-count package Hawaiian or Soft Dinner Rolls
- crumbled feta, for topping
- 1-2 tablespoons butter, melted
- ½ teaspoon dried oregano
- ¼ teaspoon dried basil
- Romaine lettuce or mixed greens
- Cucumber slices, tomato slices, onion slices, olive slices
- In a small bowl, combine the Greek yogurt, cucumber, dill, oregano, lemon juice, garlic and season with salt and pepper, to taste. Cover and chill in the fridge while you prepare the sliders.
- Preheat oven to 350 F.
- In a large bowl, combine shredded chicken with Greek dressing and season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Split your slider buns in half, place one half in the bottom of a 11x7" or 9x13" baking dish.
- Top with shredded chicken and mozzarella slices. Place the other half of the rolls on top.
- Mix together the butter with oregano and basil and brush over tops of rolls. Sprinkle with feta. Cover with tinfoil and bake in preheated oven for about 5-8 minutes or until cheese is melted.
- Slice into individual sliders and serve immediately with a dollop of Tzatziki sauce and choice of toppings. Sliders are best on the first day.
More sliders you might like: