Greek Chicken Sliders made with tender chicken, feta, gooey cheese and topped with cool and creamy Tzatziki sauce. Flavor packed and perfect for parties and holidays.
Hey everyone, Kelly here from Life Made Sweeter back again with some fun party food.
With picnic and patio season just around the corner, I am always on the lookout for tasty and simple recipes for feeding a crowd.
These Greek Chicken Sliders come together easily and are full of fresh Mediterranean-inspired flavors.
You can go the full homemade route here or to keep things super simple, rotisserie chicken and your favorite store-bought Greek dressing (my latest favorite is Panera’s which you can find at Target) work great as well.
Serve with lettuce, sliced tomatoes, cucumbers, red onions and a dollop of cool and creamy tzatziki sauce.
This recipe makes 12 so it’s also perfect for a holiday party or family get together.
HOW TO MAKE GREEK CHICKEN SLIDERS?
Start off by combining shredded chicken with Greek dressing (I used Panera’s).
Assemble the sliders by arranging the bottom halves on a lined baking sheet or lightly greased casserole dish.
Layer with shredded chicken, crumbled feta and a layer of mozzarella slices.
Finish with top halves and brush with melted butter mixture along with some crumbled feta. Cover with foil and bake until cheese is nice and melty.
WHAT CAN I SERVE THESE SLIDERS WITH?
These sliders would be delicious on their own or serve with a side of Greek pasta salad, smashed potatoes or these delicious Asparagus Fries.
Greek Chicken Sliders
For the Tzatziki Sauce:
- 1 cup plain Greek yogurt
- 1/3 cup finely chopped cucumber
- 1/2 tablespoon chopped fresh dill
- 2 teaspoons chopped fresh oregano
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon finely minced garlic
- salt and pepper to taste
For the sliders:
- 3 cups shredded cooked chicken rotisserie slow cooked or grilled
- 1/3 cup Greek dressing homemade or your favorite brand (I used Panera's I got from Target)
- salt and pepper to taste
- 4-6 slices mozzarella cheese plus more for topping
- 1/4 cup crumbled feta
- 1 package (12 count) package Hawaiian or Soft Dinner Rolls
- crumbled feta for topping
For the melted butter topping:
- 1-2 tablespoons butter melted
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon dried basil
Choice of toppings:
- Romaine lettuce or mixed greens
- Cucumber slices tomato slices, onion slices, olive slices
Make the Tzatziki sauce:
- In a small bowl, combine the Greek yogurt, cucumber, dill, oregano, lemon juice, garlic and season with salt and pepper, to taste. Cover and chill in the fridge while you prepare the sliders.
Make the sliders:
- Preheat oven to 350 F.
- In a large bowl, combine shredded chicken with Greek dressing and season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Split your slider buns in half, place one half in the bottom of a 11x7" or 9x13" baking dish.
- Top with shredded chicken and mozzarella slices. Place the other half of the rolls on top.
- Mix together the butter with oregano and basil and brush over tops of rolls. Sprinkle with feta. Cover with tinfoil and bake in preheated oven for about 5-8 minutes or until cheese is melted.
- Slice into individual sliders and serve immediately with a dollop of Tzatziki sauce and choice of toppings. Sliders are best on the first day.
All nutritional information is based on third party calculations and is only an estimate. Each recipe and nutritional value will vary depending on the brands you use, measuring methods and portion sizes per household.
I wish that I could comment on each and every post I receive. I love communication with the wonderfull people sending posts and fantastic recipes. Please do not stop because I love hearing from you on a regular basis.
My comments may be short but I am falling behind trying out your recipes.