Homemade Chocolate Crepes are an easy but impressive recipe for brunch or dessert! They are perfect with strawberries, bananas, or other fresh fruits and homemade whipped cream. They are easy to make ahead and reheat later!
Hey everyone! It’s Ashley here from The Recipe Rebel and I’m back with an easy but decadent recipe to take you through your Spring brunches and Mother’s Day dinners.
I love crepes because they can just as easily be breakfast or dessert, depending on how you fill them.
You can be somewhat responsible, and fill them with loads of fresh fruit and Greek yogurt, or peanut butter and sliced bananas. You’re getting some protein so you can make it through the day and a boost of fiber and nutrients from the fresh fruit.
But if you want to get really indulgent, you can serve them with cherry pie filling and sweetened cream cheese for a black forest version, or maybe spread a little Nutella in there and top with fresh strawberries and whipped cream. An easy (and customizable!) dessert that you can make ahead of time.
The batter for these chocolate crepes is made right in the blender, and then you can pour it right out onto your hot pan. There’s little mess and even the kids can help prepare them!
If you have leftover crepes, they reheat perfectly the next day and they’re great cold as well! You can use them to make a crepe cake, or my kids love to have them for lunch rolled up with peanut butter and banana.
To make perfect crepes, be sure that your pan is very hot, and pour just enough batter on the pan that it will coat the bottom completely before it sets. You’ll need to tilt the pan quickly but carefully to distribute the batter, and the first few crepes might not be your best looking, but they will still taste incredible!
Homemade Chocolate Crepes
- 3/4 cup milk
- 1/4 cup water
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- strawberry sauce or fresh berries
- sweetened whipped cream
- Add all ingredients except for toppings to a blender in the order listed. Turn the blender on and blend until completely smooth.
- Heat a crepe pan or large round pan over medium high heat. Grease lightly, and add roughly 1/3-½ cup of batter. Tilt it quickly but carefully, evenly distributing the batter over the pan.
- Cook for about 1 minute until the bottom is dry and cooked, then flip and cook another 30-60 seconds until the second side is cooked. (Exact cook time will depend on the temperature of your pan)
- Repeat until all the batter has been used and serve with fruit and whipped cream as desired.
- Leftovers can be store in the refrigerator for 3-4 days and reheat perfectly!
All nutritional information is based on third party calculations and is only an estimate. Each recipe and nutritional value will vary depending on the brands you use, measuring methods and portion sizes per household.
You might also like these breakfast recipes!